Home Non Cigar Related

Why is it?

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
That there is always that one buddy you've known forever that knows a lot of the stupid crap you did when you were younger and has to tell your boys all that stuff.

Like, "Ask your dad how long it takes to get motorcycle tire burnout marks off the auditorium stage."
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know that guy too?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diver43 said:
    You know that guy too?
    yeah and I cringe every time he comes over. He has way too much information that he just loves to share.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't wait until my friends' kids get older so I can be that guy. Oh the stories we could tell...
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have to worry about that, I spent my formative years going between the chapel and the library... Not!  I look back in horror at what I did in my teen years, I just never got caught.

Having six sons, I never appreciate old friends bringing them up to date on Dad's youthful escapades.
  • MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fortunately we moved away from all of my childhood friends. I get to tell the stories to my boys but leave out some of the important parts.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can get past the stories told to my child, it's the wife's reaction that makes me cringe, 'cuz she didn't know me then.

:#
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean like when Dad was chewing my ass about the evils of pot and crazy Uncle Carl chimed in "But, Pete, don't you remember how we used to go to the Mexican Mercado in L.A. when we were kids and buy a handful of leaves and roll them up in newspaper?"

Course, Dad spluttered denial.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Pro tip: Don't make friends. Problem solved!
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No_one21 said:
    Pro tip: Don't make friends. Problem solved!
    Or, simply out-live them, like some of us are doing...
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, I'm so glad I lived such a squeaky-clean life. Now I don't have to worry about things like talkative friends, etc...    :p