Home General Discussion

Replacement shelves....

I am getting replacement shelves and drawers from Newaire for my new cc300.  They weren't that bad but they did have some splits in the runners on the shelves.  Their customer service is great.  They Fedex'd them a couple of days ago, the same day I sent them verification and filed the warranty claim.  They should arrive tomorrow.  
My question is how should I season them to be replace the others already in my unit that already have some 200 cigars in them with more on the way?  I really don't want to pull all my sticks out.  I have a large storage container. It doesn't have a strong seal but I think if I put something on top of it it would seal ok. I have a load of useless cigar crystals I could put them a large bowl and set them in there for a couple of weeks.  What do you think?  

Comments

• cigarbreathcigarbreath Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Moisten a clean, lent free wash cloth and wipe the shelves down.  Repeat until the shelves no longer dry out after each wipe.  Also removes the dust and debris from the new shelves.  Shouldn't need to season an already seasoned humi.  Follow any instructions shipped with the shelves for other helpful hints.
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could season the shelves separately in your cooler and then do the switch when they are ready, rather than storing the cigars while the C300 stabilizes.
  • mpomariompomario Posts: 34 ✭✭
    Sorry, I don't think my intentions were clear in that first post now that I re-reread it.  I meant I was going to put the shelves in the container, not my cigars.  I was thinking I could season the shelves/drawer in the large container then switch them into my half way full unit after the units settle/season with the crystals and or DW.  I also thought about replacing the shelves one at a time into the CC300 after seasoning in the large container, and letting it stabilize since all of my sticks on the shelves still have their cello.  Then I could insert the drawer last and leave it empty to settle while no cigars are in it.  I was planning on keeping the 2 drawers already in there and adding the new one.  I am using KL so it absorbs extra moisture pretty quickly.  It keeps it right between 65% and 67% so I was thinking if it does jump up to 70% it would be fine or I could just open the door a couple times to let out excess RH.  I was definitely going to wipe them down before seasoning them.  
    Depending on if they send me a whole set or not, I may have some extra units.  Further thoughts?