Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Hot Pepper Dude

dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
It's springtime here so been starting some gardening. I sent the pepper dude @WaterNerd his lottery winnings last month and included a stamped self addressed envelope and asked him for a few pepper seeds to liven up my red chili. How easy is that, drop a few seeds in, seal it up, drop in the mailbox. Allan doesn't bite on the easy route
Whoever thought about bodyguards for pepper seeds that are 200 times hotter than a jalapeno, would think they could take care of themselves. Thanks very much Allan, will get the seeds started today. My eyes water just looking at them.
A little dirt never hurt

Comments

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess Allan just doesn't like you very much.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ol' Allan's a seed kinda guy.....   :p
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't get on Allan's bad side. Oops look like your already there. 
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice job Allan, way to go!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/PbG2RuQsAO4

I think I saw Allan at the table.  Toward then of the video.
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is pure insanity!

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just watched that on facebook. They have balls of steel like Peter
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who would do something like that???
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who would do something like that???
    I eat there at least once a week. His goal is 23 to beat the record.
  • Options
    WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Glad your peppers are doing great Edward @silvermouse Those are my favorite Cayenne peppers. Here's a pic of my plant last year. It grew really tall with some support (I'm 5'9" and it was taller than me!) and produced pounds of peppers.

I've not had much success freezing peppers. I just dry them and vacuum seal them in mason jars.

Can't wait to see pics of your peppers!!!
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,260 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cali micro climate is so different from seacoast New England, my plants are a couple of feet tall at most and just starting to ripen.

can you identify these, I lost the tags. @WaterNerd?
  • Options
    I like the cayennes too, Allan; great for chomping on w/ a sandwich or chopping up for a burrito.  Japalenos too, and I let them ripen and turn red for a sweeter hotness.

Using a dehydrator gets me through until the next harvest.  For the cayennes and Thai peppers, I just pluck the whole plant and hang them in my basement until they're dry.  For the ones that will rot before they dry, like the habanero and japaleno, I quarter them and use the dehydrator.
  • Options
    I wonder what a little habañero would be like in coffee. 
  • Options
     :D Only one way to find out.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,770 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I checked the Putting Weird Things in Coffee site, but struck out there, however Reddit came through. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Coffee/comments/3h9nnn/habanero_in_cold_brew/
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Yakster said:
    I checked the Putting Weird Things in Coffee site, but struck out there, however Reddit came through. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Coffee/comments/3h9nnn/habanero_in_cold_brew/
    There you go. 
  • Options
    Thanks, @Yakster, definitely going to try it. Oh, and I didn't know that habanero doesn't have a tilde over the n, so double thanks for the link.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,770 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone seen this website before?  This guy consumed a bottle of hot sauce a day for 130 days, with reviews. 

http://smokingtongue.blogspot.com/?m=1

I wonder what happened to the author. 
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reading about putting peppers in coffee reminded me of the ancient Mayans. They used to put hot peppers in their hot chocolate. It was drank on sacred occasions such as weddings. Anybody ever try real HOT chocolate?
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We made mexicali chocolate ice cream. Tasted pretty good, but didn't sell!
  • Options
    I'd have bought some of that!
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    Buddy at work brews his own beer and asked me for some ghost peppers to add it to his next batch. He said the beer was good but he put to much of the ghost pepper in it so it was way to hot. He's brewing up another batch that he will bring in for me to try. Can't wait :)
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    Cali micro climate is so different from seacoast New England, my plants are a couple of feet tall at most and just starting to ripen.

can you identify these, I lost the tags. @WaterNerd?
    @silvermouse Here's my best guess on those peppers. Far right looks like a Chocolate Ghost Pepper. Red one looks like a Trinidad Scorpion, next to that one looks like a chocolate Habanero and I have no clue what the one on the left is. The Ghost and the Scorpion have very unique smell / taste to them. I can send you some of my pods when they are ready so you can compare :)

@peter4jc BTW your on my list to for some fresh pods. I'll let both of you know when they go out :)
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    Just don't ask me to make video!
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a video of the next morning.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    Just picture charred intestines floating in the toilet bowl  ;)