Home Ratings & Reviews

Zederkoff Square Hygrometer

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
I bought this hygrometer after my digital one kept being a pain.
And after a week of checking calibration on it (salt test and putting side by side with a known good one), keeping an eye on it's accuracy and using it in my tower, I've come to a conclusion.

This is now my favorite hygrometer.

No messing with it, no fighting with calibration. I like it.

In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing like a good reliable tool
    A little dirt never hurt
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's a hygrometer?
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are great. I have the square and round both. And can be found fairly cheaply. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    I also have that brand in both round and square, they are consistent. I also use Caliber 4R which is my favorite.

I would never use an analog again, they are not dependable. Even the 2 small boxes with an analog through the wood has a Caliber 4R inside.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, if JD is gonna talk about Caliber Fours, then I'm gonna throw in a plug for AcuRite 

https://www.walmart.com/ip/AcuRite-Digital-Humidity-and-Temperature-Monitor/16888914

During the past four years or so, all my other "cigar hygrometers"  button-cell batteries have died, been replaced, and died again while these two cheapo hygrometers batteries have kept going. I don't recall ever changing the batteries. If I did, it was effortless, no re-calibrating. Uses standard pair of AA (or AAA). And they've always tested well when salt tested and also matched well side by side with all my others. And you can read 'em easy,......without having to squint at all. 
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That right there is what I use, mine reads a consistent 5% low so I add 5 when I can easily read it
    A little dirt never hurt