Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Do you write short thoughts or notes on your desk?

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have all kinds of paper scratch pads on my desk. They are subject to things that pop into my head or things I need to remind myself about. Stuff that I want to look up or things that someone does better. Evil stuff and good. Grocery list and video lists, all kinds of lists. And things I have no idea why I wrote down. Great ideas and WTF.

If you do and don't mind sharing post them ramblings and rants. Have fun with it. Don't make things up just to post, the whole idea is to be honest about it. Did this on another forum (fountain pen) years ago and it was just plain good fun, and very insightful.

This sounds like a good idea at the time.

Comments

• Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I save the counts from production on little pieces of paper on my desk!I understand it, but no one else can!
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gave up writing things on my desk. Now I use a scratch-pad....  :p
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep a studio journal. A new heading each day with whatever work I'm doing listed. Any other info that comes like the weather,tool purchases and serial numbers, contact info from visitors, trips to town etc are recorded. I have this journal going back thirty years. I also keep a garden journal and a workout journal.
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cbuck said:
    I save the counts from production on little pieces of paper on my desk!I understand it, but no one else can!
    you make an ice cream called 'awful'???
  • Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Shake mix for Newport Creamery, Awful Awful! They scoop it for shakes! @silvermouse
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Scratch paper everywhere

EnChroma glasses
    Do not ever accuse someone of something that happened before they were born.
    Laurel and Hardy did it better...
    2 more seasons of Dr Who on Amazon
    Pilot nib-American Blue-Very smooth---impressive
    order checks
    bbca carrying new who-set up auto record
    Pandora- Leo Kottke
    Run deep search Angry Birds-delete
    old ashtrays-tornado
    Superman and Batman were heroes once
    save toilet paper rolls-kill ticks
    urolift.com
    grocery list
    list of blocked calls
    meds dosage for dogs-need
    order scythe for Amanda
    Drink heavily at first opportunity

I have another stack. More to come.

Post edited by jd50ae on
  • Options
    I keep a studio journal. A new heading each day with whatever work I'm doing listed. Any other info that comes like the weather,tool purchases and serial numbers, contact info from visitors, trips to town etc are recorded. I have this journal going back thirty years. I also keep a garden journal and a workout journal.
    I had at least 10 thick journals. They were those spiral student type with hole punches and were full of stories. People that impressed me, family members, diary type stuff, short who dun its. Testing of new fountain pens and paper, some drawings and pages of political rants. All taken in the tornado. If I had to do it again I hope I would be smart enough to protect them in a really strong and heavy steel box. I would have also put my cigars and booze in it. Amazing what you miss.........