Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Computer question

jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
Any of you computer gurus know why Apple, in their wisdom, decided to eliminate the 'print' option that's long been available when you click on the 'share' symbol?  It used to appear when you clicked on the 'more' option but with 10.3.1 it's no longer there. 

I'm fairly sure it has something to do with Airdrop but, whatever, it's absence is a PITA. 

Comments

• Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Never mind I believe u are talking Ipad or Iphone. I just noticed it missing as well on my Ipad. 
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    If you're on your iPhone, turn it to landscape mode and down at the bottom you'll see the 'share' symbol. Click on that and try to find a print option 
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They do things like that just to keep you sharp Marty, if everything was always the same you become stagnant.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    Yep, I'm a stag. Oh, wait. A stag is one that's been de-nutted, right?  No, I guess I'm a bull...  

Oh, you said 'stagnant'. Sorry. I've got only one eye left so.....  
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    Any of you computer gurus know why Apple, in their wisdom, decided to eliminate the 'print' option that's long been available when you click on the 'share' symbol?  It used to appear when you clicked on the 'more' option but with 10.3.1 it's no longer there. 

I'm fairly sure it has something to do with Airdrop but, whatever, it's absence is a PITA. 
    I'd guess it's because so often that airdrop schidt is irrelevant.
    What people do, they just send their pic in a text or some such.

Be my guess.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Yeah, I'm told Airdrop has been around for a while. I've never had a need to use it so I've ignored it until now but I think tha change that's pissing me off must've come with the latest update. Prior to that, my iPhone worked just fine, thank-you-very-much. 

You know the old saying, if it ain't broke don't fix it.  :#

It'd be nice, though, if there were some kind of work-around in this case. 
  • Options
    arch72arch72 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭
    What app are you in? @jlmarta
  • Options
    No particular app, @arch72, just anywhere on the phone. 

Anytime I click on the 'share' symbol I get the above window. But if you scroll to the right of the 'add to notes' button you come to a 'more' button. This used to include a print option but it's gone now. 
  • Options
    arch72arch72 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭
    oh iPhone I have the new Ipad pro and it is still there for me
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @90+_Irishman is the man to ask, he works for apple.  He has not been around much, but if you have his number shoot him a text.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my phone the print option is below, can you see it if you rotate your phone or scroll up?

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Well, I'll be ****......  

i almost never ever use my iPhone in the portrait position. How stupid of me. I never even tried that, but you're right. It's there. 

Where's my dunce hat??

A million thanks, Chris @Yakster. I am grateful. 
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to help, Marty. 
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )