Home Non Cigar Related

Does Ash have any corrosive properties?

clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
Hey guys. There is a fire raging up in Georgia right now and every morning my truck has ash all over it.  Hoping someone could tell me, especially you guys that live in more fire prone areas, if ash is corrosive and if I should wash my truck every day?

Comments

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nah. 
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • NOGILLS2NOGILLS2 Posts: 156 ✭✭✭
    As long as it is not hot when it lands. I would think the heat would cause more problems, like a glowing ember.
    I am a happy man. You have made me very grateful. For this is the very first time that the Crown Jewels have ever been adequately & deliriously praised by an unprejudiced person. Still it is the cigars' own fault that this is so for it is a cigar which excites envy & jealousy in the smoker because he knows & feels the truth of which you have said; that there is no other cigar that is just like it. There are cigars which resemble it but only in appearance, not in spirit & not in the ability to dare & do. There is no other cigar that can make a person want to go away & get by himself & think this life over & wonder if it is altogether worth while. I will send you some more when you get out. Let me know. Any man of fine intelligence who is acquainted with Crown Jewels prizes them above any other gems & saves them & hoards them. I gave Harry Rogers a box two years ago & he has them yet. Let me know when you are out.
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ash is alkaline and not acidic. It is not corrosive to materials, but can be caustic to living materials.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Not corrosive, but it is abrasive, so rinse the truck off, don't wipe it off.
    If you need to use something to scrub it, use a soft bristle brush.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for all the responses.  There was a growing debate in my shop at work as to the corrosive properties of it.  Some said yes, others no. 

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sure is, if the ash is from your cigar, and it landed on a new carpet, and your wife sees it.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    It sure is, if the ash is from your cigar, and it landed on a new carpet, and your wife sees it.
    I did that once... you can hardly see the scars!
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YankeeMan said:
    jd50ae said:
    I did that once... you can hardly see the scars!
    It's the looks and the crossed arms-----where do they learn this stuff? The scars will heal but the looks are forever.