Home General Discussion
Options

Looking for spare cedar

MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm still in need of some cedar for the new coolerdor, if any of you guys could help me out. If you've got extra boxes, slats, or trays laying around let me know and we can work out a fair deal.
“Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns

Comments

• Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got a couple dividers from my humidors I don't use. If I can get to the post office tomorrow I can send them. I head back to work Wednesday morning so tomorrow will be my only chance. 
  • Options
    Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 2 extra shelves I bought for my humi, and didn't use them.
    I think they were like 30 bucks ea or so.

The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Options
    @Rhamlin thank you, Ricky! I owe ya buddy.

@Sketch6995 thank you too, sir. Let me check out the cooler dimensions when I get home tis evening and I'll let ya know. I may have to get the smaller ones off Amazon.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curmudgeon mode on;

Why? What do you expect the cedar to do, and why do you think you need it? 
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    peter4jc said:
    Curmudgeon mode on;

Why? What do you expect the cedar to do, and why do you think you need it? 
    Dang crusty old men...I mean hi Peter!

I dunno, honestly. Figured it couldn't hurt, and I definitely need some way to store all the loose sticks in a manner which will satisfy the OCD.

I've only ever bought one full box and a 5 gar sampler set, so that's the only thing I could potentially insert. Guessing one doesn't actually need cedar persae?
  • Options
    I just put the boxes in the cooler, most of the boxes are made out of Cedar anyways.

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I took so old boxes apart so I could use both sides to kind of organize loose sticks.
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You must learn to Tetris grasshopper. 
    Shelves are not necessary, and take up valuable space.
    Cooler temps are too high here in summer, so I found this on Letgo for under 100.
    Trade that OCD for CAS!  B)

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    @deadman is that a wineador? My next concern is gonna be where to keep the cooler until the temperature drops. It's been living in the kitchen since I got it, but I think it's gonna get evicted sooner than later. My office room isn't air conditioned and although my room is, it might as well not be during the day (attic). Guess it could live in the basement??
  • Options
    Dang Mike, that is some serious Tetris /Jenga skills there.
    I'm thinking about taking that box of Opus 20th anniversary and putting them in a drawer.   that blue box takes up a lot of Real Estate

• Options
    There's spare room in mine if you need the real estate, Sketch  ;) I was just looking at Opus samplers. 
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Markwell said:
    @deadman is that a wineador? My next concern is gonna be where to keep the cooler until the temperature drops. It's been living in the kitchen since I got it, but I think it's gonna get evicted sooner than later. My office room isn't air conditioned and although my room is, it might as well not be during the day (attic). Guess it could live in the basement??
    If I had a basement I wouldn't need the wineador. 
    Your coolidor will be happy in the basement with no shelves.  ;)
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    Thank you for saving me $$ then bud. I think I shall celebrate by dumping more than I would have for shelves into CAS. 
  • Options
    Markwell said:
    There's spare room in mine if you need the real estate, Sketch  ;) I was just looking at Opus samplers. 
    There's a reason Rodney calls me Opus Winfrey lol.   I think I have 7 boxes.  And a drawer full.

• Options
    Where's the DAYYYUMMM button lol
  • Options
     I got these double robusto about a week or so ago.  Absolutely no room for the box it was huge.   I gave my son about 50 gurkhas to make room.

• Options
    You wouldn't happen to have a shipping container buried in your back yard, now would you, Sketch?