Home General Discussion
Options

Arturo Fuente, JR

MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
So I've really been getting into the history of the Fuente family this week. It's an amazing story with numerous misfortunes and an epic tale of determination and perseverance. I find it interesting that Arturo Jr did not want to take over his father's company, but I guess one has to realize that the company was in limbo at that time and maybe the young man had other irons in the fire. 

I do have a question relating to this: Through some research I've heard that Arturo Jr now has his own company in Florida (Los Damas Cigar Co). Apparently he released a line in 2010 called Flor de la Y'bor City, consisting of 12 shapes and 3 different wrapper variations. I can't find any reviews on them nor can I find any for sale on the web. Were these only produced that year? It looks like they were produced at the Chateau De La Fuente. I'd really like to do a comparison with these against the regular Fuente series. Really, I'm interested in trying anything he may have on the market right now because Fuente has always stood out to me in both quality and affordability. 

Need to do some more research, so forgive me if the answer is an obvious one. I think it'll make a cool discussion though. Anyone read the few books that are out there about the family? They're supposed to be a must-read for any cigar aficionado. 
“Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns

Comments

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone is different so I can see not all of his children not going into the family business. My father was in construction, I grew up in it. I chose not to peruse this route. Doesn't mean I can't, just don't want to.

The Fuente story is a good one. You should watch the documentary on YouTube.
  • Options
    @deadman that was the first thing I went to. I stayed up until 4am this morning watching another video about the family as well. Lots of cool stuff. 

Yeah, I can totally understand not everyone wanting to go into that business. I just find it interesting that he now has (or had) his own line. Do they offer tours of the factory? That would make an awesome vacation destination. 
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    They are available here. You can call the shop and sometimes he will answer the phone as well. He usually signs a Thank Note with any purchases if he is around during shipments. 

http://www.tampasweethearts.com/flordeyborcity.aspx
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    Wow that sampler isn't a bad price.
  • Options
    They are available here. You can call the shop and sometimes he will answer the phone as well. He usually signs a Thank Note with any purchases if he is around during shipments. 

Thanks! Ordering all 3 sets now :)

And then I scroll down and find the opus selection...think I just broke the bank.
  • Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Markwell said:

Thanks! Ordering all 3 sets now :)

And then I scroll down and find the opus selection...think I just broke the bank.

The Opus prices are way too high. PM me if interested in them.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    Nothing like a little inspiration to burn a hole in someone's pocket! That Lost City sampler and Black Diamond set look beautifully evil too  o:)
  • Options
    jgkaminjgkamin Posts: 110 ✭✭
    deadman said:
    Everyone is different so I can see not all of his children not going into the family business.
    But he is somewhat in the family business, I've seen him at the Tampa Sweethearts store.  I've also found it odd he didn't have a more prominent position in the family business, considering his brother, sister and niece are always out there in the public eye representing.
  • Options
    jgkamin said:
    deadman said:
    Everyone is different so I can see not all of his children not going into the family business.
    But he is somewhat in the family business, I've seen him at the Tampa Sweethearts store.  I've also found it odd he didn't have a more prominent position in the family business, considering his brother, sister and niece are always out there in the public eye representing.
    Undercover boss? Secretly running the company from the sidelines?