Home Non Cigar Related

Just saved a ton of money on my car insurance

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
By NOT switching to Geico.
Geico was $80 more per month than we are paying now, Allstate was $30 more than we pay now.

Farmers hosed us and increased our rates for the third time in 6 months.

We have no accidents or tickets and they keep saying it's just a standard rate increase.
So I made some calls tonight and USAA hooked us up with Liberty Insurance for $600 less per 6 months.
$100/month less. One hundred freakin dollars per month!

If my father was a USAA member, I could have saved more or if I was still paid by DOD or Feds, I could have saved more. But USAA has a deal with Liberty for those people who's parents qualified, but are not members, because they are deceased or no longer driving.

And since Liberty Mutual doesn't do manufactured home insurance, they have a partner company that will save us about $100/year with better coverage.
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• thehilkthehilk Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭
    This sounds like an infomercial, they should hire you as a spokesman
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL!
    I'm one of those people when I find something that does well, I share.
    Not sure how many people even know of USAA insurance. It's geared to the military or federal employees, but GEICO was originally for govt employees too.

I hate insurance companies. I usually have a sore ass after dealing with them.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    We had problems with State Farm raising our rates and then not explaining why.  This after using them nearly my entire driving life and never having a problem until about 4 years ago.  We switched to AllState.  I hated them, perhaps even more in some ways.  But with them it was lots of little things that annoyed me.  That and never actually meeting my agent.

We went to a broker after moving to PA.  We've already switched once when rates went up suddenly, rapidly, and with no explanation.  We keep our coverage the same and just find the best rate when it happens.  No skin off our back and easy.  The broker agent has helped when we've had problems with the actual insurer.  He really doesn't want us going to State Farm or AllState, since he can't sell them.  It works well for us.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. Seriously?
    Flagged as spam?
    Ok then.
    Screw this. I'm done.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @0patience

Could be somebody with fat thumbs, that tried to hit the agree button LOL

I've accidentally hit the flag button before but I usually correct it
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erie Insurance for home and auto... very good coverage and courteous claim service, and better rates.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that spam or are you guys just trying to save us money on something we all buy?
    A little dirt never hurt
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dirtdude said:
    Is that spam or are you guys just trying to save us money on something we all buy?
    Image result for i am not a robot
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis