Home Non Cigar Related

Bible Devotionals

TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
Every Monday Night I am sharing on Facebook Devotionals for anyone that wants to watch or see live, at 8:15 Central Time on a page called "The Anchor That Holds" and also at 9 on my FB page, if you are interested, you can just like that page or search and find it, or you can send me a friend request "Paul McGahey" here is the link to last nights message that is part 4 of a series discussing what Phillip could have said to the Ethiopian Eunuch when Acts 8 Says that he preached to him Jesus. I hope you enjoy watching these. https://www.facebook.com/theanchorthatholds/videos/1170952363048813/
I was born a fool, and just got bigger!

Comments

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Preach it Brother!
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Haven't watched, so you might do this, but...

My favorite "what if" in this story is what comes next...the Eunuch is reading Is 53.  Philip explains to him about the Messiah.  How far did they get? The text doesn't tell us, but I always picture the Eunuch sitting around a campfire later that evening reading a little farther down the scroll and getting to Is 56:1-7, which addresses both Eunuchs and Foreigners being welcomed into the temple, neither of which could enter most of the temple complex.  Eunuchs are no longer "cut off" and will have a name enduring through generations (without needing to have kids).  And all of this is related to the messianic texts and all the suffering servant stuff, too. 

I always imagine it hitting the guy like a ton of bricks.  Philip is gone, but he's shown the Ethiopian more in a few moments than he probably realized.  It was a whole new way to read...not about promises far off but about promises that were being filled in his very life.  That's cool stuff.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Martel great comments, I haven't gotten that far yet, but close to it. I do plan on touching on what could have happened to the Eunuch after Phillip leaves. Good stuff.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is a bible devotional?
    I'm nit sure I understand what it is.
    Is it like a prayer group?
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a short or not so short depending on the subject lesson from the Bible to meditate on. Not a worship service, just a quick lesson.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something designed to increase devotion?
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a short or not so short depending on the subject lesson from the Bible to meditate on. Not a worship service, just a quick lesson.
    Ah, I understand.
    Wasn't sure, so figured I'd ask. 
    Religion of any kind is intriguing to me and sometimes confusing.
    I try and understand what it is that is being said and the history of it. 

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.