Home Non Cigar Related

Comments

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, keeping an eye on this.
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got my eye on it big time, the Greater Houston Area is a wreck, so post to fly out to West Palm Beach nearing the end of September. Hope it turns off North and dissipates.
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, might be putting shutters up again
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like the islands in the Caribbean are getting messed up. Stay safe, Floridians.
  • Options
    Shutter are up and house is as ready as it can be. have food and water, there is hardly any gas to be had nearby. People were in kine for gas and just staying in place until the fuel truck arrives.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My BIL lives in Boynton Beach Fl and said he sat in line until 3:30AM getting gas. Lines were half mile long. Stay safe all in the path. Here in Jersey the high temp for today was 67 and it's down in the 50's now. Got the wood stove going, and it feels good.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Options
    Diver43 said:
    Shutter are up and house is as ready as it can be. have food and water, there is hardly any gas to be had nearby. People were in kine for gas and just staying in place until the fuel truck arrives.
    Which city do you live in or near? Just a thought but might try calling a racing fuel supply (if any near by) and see if they have any 93 octane 55 gallon barrels of fuel, will probably cost a little more but will be top grade premium ethanol free fuel. They got manual pumps you can buy to for the barrels to get the fuel out, small electric Walbro pump rigged up to 12V battery works even better. Stay safe man.
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one is gonna hurt
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Stay safe and our prayers are with you.  It may get as far north as we are, we're just keeping our fingers crossed.
  • Options
    TX98Z28 said:
    Diver43 said:
    Which city do you live in or near? Just a thought but might try calling a racing fuel supply (if any near by) and see if they have any 93 octane 55 gallon barrels of fuel, will probably cost a little more but will be top grade premium ethanol free fuel. They got manual pumps you can buy to for the barrels to get the fuel out, small electric Walbro pump rigged up to 12V battery works even better. Stay safe man.
    Great idea, I would have never thought of it, but my neighbor did and none available. Guess others had the same idea first.
    My cars are fine, but I wanted another 5 gal can of gas for the generator.  Wife and I went out about 1230 last night and almost all gas stations were out of fuel. 6th or 7th we checked had a line of about 30 minutes. Filled up the can and topped off the car.  We are as ready as can be, hopefully Irma takes a right turn and gives us a glancing blow and not a direct hit. Thought about heading north, but with a shortage of fuel and no hotels available, not even sure we can makes it to the daughters in Atlanta
    We are in South Broward county in Miramar, about a dozen blocks North of Miami Dade county.
    Heading out for one last chore, need to fill the kayaks with water, think I will go find a cigar to enjoy while outside
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know you guys are busy preparing for the worst, but make plans for the pets. If I could I would come scoop them up before it hit. I would also take your cigars and protect them.

Stay safe and in touch.
  • Options
    Just came across this..............

Florida Sheriff: Sex Offenders, Those With Warrants Not Welcome at Hurricane Shelters

• Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:

Florida Sheriff: **** Offenders, Those With Warrants Not Welcome at Hurricane Shelters

Nice to see the community "coming together" in times like this. My uncle lives in Florida and runs a ministry helping these folks. Seems Florida gIves them a pretty bad rap.

You guys stay safe down there - you're in my prayers.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:

Florida Sheriff: **** Offenders, Those With Warrants Not Welcome at Hurricane Shelters

Are they checking levels? Or if you got drunk and took a leak in the park are you screwed?
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outside of Charlotte bottle water is getting scarce. People started running on the grocery stores yesterday. 
  • Options
    Wylaff said:
    jd50ae said:

Are they checking levels? Or if you got drunk and took a leak in the park are you screwed?
    What levels? You won't be a sèx offender in Florida for taking a leak in a park. You either messed with a kid or raped someone. Those people can find their own shelter
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options
    Usaf06 said:
    Wylaff said:
    jd50ae said:

What levels? You won't be a sèx offender in Florida for taking a leak in a park. You either messed with a kid or raped someone. Those people can find their own shelter
    I agree on those ones, but federally public indecency can get you on the registry as a lvl 1. Non violent and not involving a minor. Here you can get stuck on the federal registry for 10 years for being nude in your own home if someone can prove the saw you through a window.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Never heard of any of that here
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options
    edited September 2017
    If you good s3x offender levels the first link gives the breakdown. Tried to post is but s3x got censored :expressionless:

• Options
    edited September 2017
    There are even more storms lining up....
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Batten down the hatches brothers.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stole these off the Indian Motorcycle forum:

Irma and Harvey, married 50 years:

Wish I was down there, all hunkered down, with a case of Guinness and a good book.. Haven't see a good hurricane since the Solomons. 

Enjoy, guys.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Hour north of Tampa here.......20 miles from Gulf.  About to have a real interesting 2 days. 
  • Options
    webmost said:
    Stole these off the Indian Motorcycle forum:

Irma and Harvey, married 75 years:

Wish I was down there, all hunkered down, with a case of Guinness and a good book.. Haven't see a good hurricane since the Solomons. 

Enjoy, guys.

Fixed it
  • Options
    Wouldn't putting up billboards of waters, clinton and pelosi turn the storm around?
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well got my windows boarded up. Lawn and patio furniture all stored in the garage.hit the grocery store ,liquor store,gas station and ammo store. So now we just sit and wait . Looks like were getting the bad stuff between tonight and tommorrow morning. hoping for the best prepared for the worst and just trying to relax and let itbe what its gonna be... praying for freinds and family living further south then us.
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck Vance.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Watching the live feeds of the hurricane, doesn't look good.
    Naples is getting hit with 130 mph winds.
    I know that at 175 lbs, 115 mph winds have lifted me off the ground before, so if you live in any of those high wind areas, please stay inside.
    I've had to be out working in those conditions and there is no reason, unless it's your work, to be out in it.

Stay safe.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.