Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Anyone worried about north korea?

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
I am.

Comments

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing that bothers me is the whole world is going to just stand back and let him make the first move. 
  • Options
    deadman said:
    The thing that bothers me is the whole world is going to just stand back and let him make the first move. 

Yup. A couple of "super powers" have made it clear they won't tolerate the US making a preemptive strike.
    The pillsbury dough boy doppelganger when asked by his father what would he do if he lost a war, he said he would leave the earth in ruins.

• Options
    ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, yes I am. 
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, no I am not.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the moment I am more worried about our Floridian members' safety.   
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am, but I'm not.

If he launches, It is very likely that Japan and South Korea will immediately launch countermeasures.
    The US will almost definitely launch countermeasures (unless the US has boost phase intercept perfected) likely some intercept missile. The likelihood that a missile will make landfall on a US installation is a 74% chance. 
    The problem is, they would have to hit the missile on it's upward travel.
    Once it starts it's decent, it's trajectory is pretty much pre-determined and you would need to have it intercepted before it is over land. Probably gonna be difficult, as close as Guam is. 

Right now, even China is going on the defensive.

While there is a chance that they can get a missile off and hit it's mark, I'm thinking that Japan, China and the US would probably make a parking lot of North Korea. 
    At least most indications are showing that the 3 countries are poised to strike.

As much as China has no great love for the US, North Korea poses a greater threat to them at the moment.

Just my opinion.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krazy Kim is very unpredictable, I would say he poses a threat but is concerned with his own insecurities and that of North Korea. China is fueling his up rising so an attack from North Korea is quite possible. They said if he indeed did launch a nuclear intercontinental missle at America, we would have only about 6.5 minutes before impact.

Theres a lot of political shadiness behind this whole ordeal, I would say Japan is at the biggest risk right now. If China, Super Shady Russia want North Korea to take someone out it would be Japan first, then the US would have no one between us and China and Russia. 

North Korea is just the scapegoat, China is the problem and Russia would screw anyone over for more power.

Its all a big chess match.
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    You are right, it is a big chess match.
    With the players being the US, Russia and China.
    Until now, they've all been in "check"on the board.
    Along comes this ding-a-ling and he scatters the chess pieces all over, cause he isn't even ranked.

So now, all 3 super players have to figure out what to do about this moron.
    It's like the school playground. You can't hit them until they hit you, or you're in trouble.

China and Russia, while wanting to maintain their place, do not want a thermonuclear war. It serves no one and would turn the world into a wasteland and no one, except Kim wants it. He's a psycho.

Right now, every country with nuclear capabilities is on alert.
    And rightly so. 

And I don't think China is that stupid.
    Kim has ruffled their feathers quite (mainly Chinese President Xi Jinping's) a few times and they aren't real happy with North Korea right now. 

While China is a trade partner with North korea, they did agree to restricted UN economic sanctions against North Korea, allowing food and coal trade limited to enough for the people’s well-being.

Chinese President Xi Jinping has not met with Kim, nor has he made any effort to sit down with him. 
    But he has also put sanctions against South Korea, because of their US involvement.

So, the chess pieces are moving and it's anyone's game.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @0patience, We both could come up 100's of possible theory's to the chess match. All I know for sure is Krazy Kim even clearly a psychopathic lunatic is way smarter than most think. He has what he wanted in terms of showing "I have power". How ever he got it so fast is unknown and speculation. He's so unpredictable he could very much launch multiple nukes at multiple locations just for his own personal amusement or use the threat of that to help rise North Korea to some sort of higher status world wide. Problem I see if anyone attacks North Korea, he launches, doesn't get what he wants he launches. He wakes up and doesn't feel good about him self he launches…  
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    Agreed.
    But knowing nuclear weapons, the cost of them and the fact that he has had failed attempts at launching test missiles is a pretty good indication that he doesn't have that many launch capable missiles.
    The fact that he had one test launch that went according to plan and is ready to "show the world his power", gives great credence to just how insane he really is.

It's like going into a snowball fight where the neighbor kids have a thousand snow balls and you have 5 very big ones and you've pissed off all your buddies. You would have enough sense to figure out that you won't win. He clearly doesn't have that sense. 

He is like giving a kindergartner a match and gasoline. It's only a matter of time before something happens. 

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the 'crazy fat kid' is crazy like a fox, he knows if he launches his world is over but as long as he controls the button his finger is on he has tremendous negotiating leverage. Push the button he loses his leverage. 

Follow the money, Putin has a plan, the Chinese are on board, what's it going to cost us to delay the impending doom. I say delay because it's only a matter of time before Kim pawns his technology off to some other small time thug that wants to hold the world hostage.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options

Nuclear Dump
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    I do like this one:

too bad it ain't true
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    copuffcopuff Posts: 11
    edited September 2017
    North Korea only exists because China has deigned to be its major trading partner, giving China a great deal of influence over what Kim does and doesn't do. I believe he's their puppet, and the puppetmaster wouldn't mind provoking a nuclear scuffle between N. Korea and the states if only to see its main competitor on the world superpower stage have to bear the repercussions of inevitable retaliation.

No matter how it turns out, whether right or wrong, to America will fall at least some blame. The other developed nations will no doubt say they had no right antagonizing a power mad tyrant with delusions of grandeur in the first place, serving to further alienate them. This serves China's interests and also Russia's.  

I honestly don't think Kim is either crazy or developmentally-challenged, there's a lot going on behind the scenes that we don't know about. Russia and China I believe have their fingers on the grenade pin, and if they do pull it, they have the luxury of knowing they'll face no blowback.        
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xi? Is that you?
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great first post on a CIGAR forum. 
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    The sad thing is that the starving brain washed people of nkorea will suffer the most. They don't stand a chance no matter what happens. They have been brain washed 24 hours a day since they were born. They are starving and I doubt even know whats going on. 
    And who gave them nuclear technology in the first place......oh yea, I remember. I wonder if madeleine albright did anything other then stuff her face while she was there.....boyfriend maybe....

1-2-3 GO......
  • Options
    CrisiusCrisius Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    Honestly? No. Worry does no-one any good. Either **** will hit the fan or it won't. And if it does there isn't a lick of difference I can make by thinking or worrying about it.
  • Options
    I can just hear the wheels turning in china, russia and nkorea.
    With all the devastation hitting us what a good time to do something.
  • Options
    I think they all know there is never a good time for those games.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I talked with my son last night, in Tampa, said the hurricane wasn't as bad as the news about it.  In that vein, he said he'd talked with some of his Korean friends that he's kept in touch with since he was at Camp Casey and they're baffled by the American news coverage of Lil' Kim. 

"It's just all the same crap he's always saying, why is the U.S. suddenly taking this nonsense seriously?"  was the question.

I hope they're not just used to it, he is a little fat maniac, and thus unpredictable.

I apologize for "fat-shaming" this little cretin.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

• Options

"It's just all the same crap he's always saying, why is the U.S. suddenly taking this nonsense seriously?"  was the question.

Cause now he's got nukes.
    Thanks, Slick Willy.

• Options
    copuffcopuff Posts: 11

Listen guys, I've been thinking and I've come up with an easy solution to solve this North Korea impasse.

First you get some undercover agents to approach Pyongyang with an offer of cheap fuel for their rockets, which I assume is some sort of gasoline. Unknown to Kim, the fuel will really be only one part actual gasoline and like nine parts Darjeeling tea. When Kim stands on his podium and orders the launch of that first rocket, it'll land short, probably in N. Korea itself, and hopefully in some unpopulated area, like the North Korean botanical gardens. Kim then becomes the laughing stock of his entire nation and the Koreans demand he step down as their leader. That's when, with some savvy political manueving, you get his cousin, Pepe, the guy who rode the back of the short bus and likes to play with legos, elected in his place. Now you have a North Korean leader who spends his time watching puppies wrestle and trying to figure out which clouds look most like unicorns running the country. Problem solved.

My second solution is to send in Chuck Norris in a B-52. You'll need a B-52 because of the size of Chuck's quads and his big bag of arthritis and prostate medication. 1 roundhouse kick later to Kim's nards and problem solved.

• Options
    Oops, Kim is on the forum and is by now onto your diabolical plot.
    A little dirt never hurt