Home Non Cigar Related

clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
Just got finished watching the new 2012 Movie which I've been waiting to come out for about 2 years now when I first heard they were making a movie about it. I gotta say, it was probably one of the worst movies I've seen in a while. Special affects were pretty cool but I thought they were gonna feed something halfway believable. This is not the story of the end of the world. This is the story of the luckiest SOB ever to walk to the face of the earth and his family, who defied the odds and cheated death in a 3 day period more times than Jesus stepped on sand. Don't waste your time!!!

Comments

• Yeah I don't plan on it. I've heard basically the same verdict from everyone I have talked to who has seen it. IMO, that Avatar movie thats coming out looks pretty cool.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    clearlysuspect:
    Just got finished watching the new 2012 Movie which I've been waiting to come out for about 2 years now when I first heard they were making a movie about it. I gotta say, it was probably one of the worst movies I've seen in a while. Special affects were pretty cool but I thought they were gonna feed something halfway believable. This is not the story of the end of the world. This is the story of the luckiest SOB ever to walk to the face of the earth and his family, who defied the odds and cheated death in a 3 day period more times than Jesus stepped on sand. Don't waste your time!!!
    I have to agree....this movie was a waste of two plus hours that could have been enjoyed on my front porch with a Churchill sized handmade. Not only was it unbelievable, but was delivered in the cheesiest fashion possible. Short of watching major cities being destroyed, this movie became boring and uneventful very quickly.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    clearlysuspect:
    I wasn't too impressed with the story or the previews. Though the effects look good. After seeing day after tomorrow, I really have no interest in seeing the director's films. ID4 was cool, but that is about it.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    I watched it with my wife and two brothers and we were all cheering for the main characters to get taken out about 1/2 way though the movie.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I refuse to give them my money simply because they decided to destroy every Christian related thing they could but made sure not to destroy anything Muslim related in the movie to keep from upsetting Muslims.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    jsnake:
    I refuse to give them my money simply because they decided to destroy every Christian related thing they could but made sure not to destroy anything Muslim related in the movie to keep from upsetting Muslims.

I Thought that was interesting to say the least... I'm not trying to hate or spread a message of contempt. But to fear for your life because of a work of fiction... I'm just not seeing the same respect.
    It's ok for them to have their views and brandish their message but if I even portray my view in the art I create it's punishable by death.
    This is a very interesting and almost unspoken dilemma....
    jsnake:
    Well.... I'm not gonna go so far as to say that. The last guy to do this spent 10 years in hiding. These guys are looking to make some money off a film, not prove a point through martyrdom.

I agree with you Stephen. There's certainly a lot of hypocratical aspects of muslim extremist, not to be confused with your normal muslim. A true muslim would never disrespect another person's beliefs.
    I think they could have made their movie fairly without destroying symbols of any religion if this is the case. Ridiculous how no one needs to be tolerant of Jews and Christians but we have to be overly PC for Muslims. Muslim only school buses, Muslim foot baths in school, time for Muslim prayer in our public school but say a Christian prayer and you are out for the year. Nothing against Muslims here, just saying it should be the same all around for everyone. Political Correctness is ruining everything.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    T. Gervais:
    Yeah I don't plan on it. I've heard basically the same verdict from everyone I have talked to who has seen it. IMO, that Avatar movie thats coming out looks pretty cool.
    Same here, considering Cameron has been working on Avatar since the 70's, I can't wait to see it.

"Long ashes my friends."

• denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    hey snake, it's that way because Christians haven't rolled into a building full of women and children and blown themselves up. i guess people take them more seriously.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    these reviews will make me not go see this one ...will use the money saved on cigars ...
    Krieg:
    T. Gervais:
    Yeah I don't plan on it. I've heard basically the same verdict from everyone I have talked to who has seen it. IMO, that Avatar movie thats coming out looks pretty cool.
    Same here, considering Cameron has been working on Avatar since the 70's, I can't wait to see it.
    Avatar is going to be huge. I will definitely go see this one.
    Oh yeah. Definately looking forward to Avatar!!! That one looks ridiculous! Also looking forward to seeing A Christmas Carol in 3D. Looks fun!
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    clearlysuspect:
    OMG! I love your review... I wanted to throw something at the theater screen at some point during the movie. Especially after they recycled the same scene with the airplane flying out after everything is collapsing behind - three times!
  • clearlysuspect:
    ...I gotta say, it was probably one of the worst movies I've seen in a while.
    Imagine that. This is why I haven't seen it. Until the previews came out I thought there was going to be some suspense or plot behind it, but no, it's just another cookie-cutter crap-filled Hollywood action flick. I'm so sick of the lack of substance predictability coming out of the studios these days. I'm still uber pissed how Hollywood screwed up Terminator this year.
    jlzimmerman:
    clearlysuspect:
    Imagine that. This is why I haven't seen it. Until the previews came out I thought there was going to be some suspense or plot behind it, but no, it's just another cookie-cutter crap-filled Hollywood action flick. I'm so sick of the lack of substance predictability coming out of the studios these days. I'm still uber pissed how Hollywood screwed up Terminator this year.
    Yep! Movies like these are why piracy makes sense!
  • clearlysuspect:
    jlzimmerman:
    clearlysuspect:
    I watched this movie last night and I am not as nearly mad at it as all you guys, far worse and even more dissapointing movies than this, GI JOE, Indiana Jones. the aforementioned Terminator flick, just to name a few.
    mustluvcigars:
    clearlysuspect:
    jlzimmerman:
    clearlysuspect:
    I watched this movie last night and I am not as nearly mad at it as all you guys, far worse and even more dissapointing movies than this, GI JOE, Indiana Jones. the aforementioned Terminator flick, just to name a few.
    Well, everyone's got their opinion and everyone has their taste in movies. I'm glad somebody got some enjoyment out of it. I actually liked the GI Joe and Indiana Jones movies, so our tastes are obviously inverted.