Home General Discussion
Options

Shuriken cutter?!?

working on a cutter review idea. Planing to do a side by side comparison and cost of different cutters, kind of like a Christmas wish list review. I have the colibri v cut, the s cut, a generic punch, was thinking of adding the shuriken to the mix. Have you used one? Does it work? Was it worth it to you? I would like to get feedback from people who have used it.
thanks. Have a great day.

Comments

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the BOTLs a while back (I think it was Sniper but not sure) had one and passed it around so others could try it. My opinion is/was that it was a novel idea but not worth the cost. It worked - sorta. 

I didnt like that you had to bite a little bit to cause the slits to open and be functional. I detest biting or chewing on a cigar. JMHO. 
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a shuriken a while back, no idea where it is now. It was a cool idea but I was disappointed. Wouldn't cut deep enough to actually get air flow through a cigar. I am curious if the newer models work any better. Good luck! 
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    @BobTheCigarGuy Looking forward to the video but,.....
    You didn't mention Xikar. WTF? Maybe you just forgot to mention it but, you GOTTA  have at least one of the following cutters in the mix. ( xikar Xi1, Xi2, or Xi3)  
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the IPCPR coverage, I heard about a combo straight/V cutter, if like to see that. 
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't the shuriken just punch slits through the end of the cigar? 
    It doesn't actually cut any off does it? 
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the comments. They really help. As to the xicar not being present... I don't have any, I do have the colibri cutters and a generic punch. I am supposed to be getting a colibri double cut or the new Gotham lighter cutter combo. I'll show them in a review as soon as I get them.
    be well all.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The colibri deep V is a good cutter IMHO. I haven't tried a lot of V cutters but I got a chance to try the colibri deep V and I was impressed. I sought out a bid site and got a great price on one. Like it a lot. But I forget that I have it. 99% of the time I grab a Xikar Xi.   
  • Options
    Sketch... it just cuts little slits. Thoughts???
  • Options
    Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I've never tried one, But it seems to me that it if the cigar is even just a snug draw, Then that  would seriously impede airflow.
    I'd say the most common cigar problem would be plugged cigars, and the shuriken cutter might just make it worse.

The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    In the IPCPR coverage, I heard about a combo straight/V cutter, if like to see that. 
    It's called the Colibri SV-cut, kinda chunky, and not for sale anywhere I can find. 
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )