Home General Discussion

Strong cigar recommendations

Hey guys, I consider myself a newbie to the world of cigars, having smoked less than a dozen thus far. Out of the few I've smoked, however, I've fallen in love with the 5 Vegas Triple A, which I understand is supposed to be a strong, full-bodied cigar.

I was was hoping I could get some recommendations for similar really strong, full-bodied cigars. I'm also curious as to what's the strongest nicotine bombs that you guys have encountered so far? Thanks!!!

Comments

• Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    LFD Airbender is pretty strong, it almost made me puke one morning before breakfast.
    Don't smoke that 1 on an empty stomach.
    But it's also an amazing tasting cigar.
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome. Try the crowned heads Jerico hill. Tasty. Also their others like las calavares and Tennessee Waltz. Also try some of the romacraft cigars aquataine? Neanderthal And damn! I forget the others. And the strong ones from AJ Fernandez MOW ruination. MOW skullcrusher and others too.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They might not be strong to you and that's not entirely why I was recombining those. I like the flavors. And sometimes I notice the nicotine but its not what I'm after. I want the flavor.
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roma Craft Neanderthal HN. 
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • HeavysetrapierHeavysetrapier Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaime Gracia
  • copuffcopuff Posts: 11
    Thanks, guys. I've already put in an order for some La Gloria Cubana Serie R black, which are supposed to be stronger than the normal Serie R. I've also already tried the Diesel Uncut and the Unholy Cocktail, which are both in my novice opinion fine cigars. Still, though, that 5 Vegas Triple A made me feel as though I had gained 50 pounds in a matter of minutes, my head started spinning and I started sweating. Only later did I realize that what I was feeling then was love, pure and simple.

I'll be looking out for when deals pop up on those recommended brands, which I really can't wait to try. I really appreciate the responses.

• Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cu Avana Punisher
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    La Flor Dominicana Mysterio, Double Ligero,
    Padron Classic Magnum Natural 9x50 should knock your socks off
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Google search Litto Gomez......very unique blended and will give you some power as well. 
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The more ligero the stronger the smoke. Ligero leaves are from the top of the tobacco plant and are thick and loaded with nicotine.
  • copuffcopuff Posts: 11
    Thanks, got it. More ligero equals more strength.  Stands to reason then that the double and triple ligero ones should be significantly stronger than their plain counterparts.