Home General Discussion
Options

Vegas Trip

WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2017 in General Discussion

My son Zachary is home for a few week from Japan before he heads off top Oklahoma for the next 3 years (Tinker AFB). We decided to do a father/son trip to Las Vegas for a few days. We had a great time and here are some of the highlights.

On the way we stopped to have lunch at Peggy Sues Diner. Great hamburger place right off of the 15. If your in the area its a must stop

You know your old when your son says "Who are the Blue's Brothers" LOL

We got to Vegas in 4.5hrs which was great. We stayed at The Cosmopolitan. Great hotel! Really clean and the crowd was a little older which was great for me. I upgraded and got a suite with a terrace with a view of the strip. Also you can smoke on the terrace

Pics of the room

Room had a massive bathroom with this 4+ person shower and a nice Jacuzzi bath tub

Here's the view from the terrace. We were on the 57th floor

View at night

We hung out at the hotel most of the night and did a little gambling and had a few drinks

Here's the 3 story chandler Very pink

The next day we went to Exotic Racing to drive a few exotic cars. If your a gear head you have to check this place out!

Zachary did a ride a long in a Ferrari and I did one in the Porsche GT3.

The driver I had raced in the Formula 1 series. He was crazy. We set a new lap record for the week at just over 54 seconds

Zachary wants to get a bike so we stopped at Euro Cycle. Looks like he's going to get a Triumph Daytona

Went to Fremont street afterwards

Went to the Davidoff Lounge while we were in the area and picked up a few cigars to enjoy before we went home.

We had a great time. I think 2 day's is Vegas was just long enough plus I was broke. I think we are going to do this every year!
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
— Abraham Lincoln

Comments

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome. Looks like you guys had a good time.
  • Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad you fellas had a fun trip and are home safely! Y'all did a lot in 2 days!
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome brother, great time with the kid
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...Excellent Pic's....you 2 Rocked.
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,423 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool!  I'm happy for you and Zachary.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That looks like a lot of fun
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like great time. 
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great trip
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice, Glad you guys had a good trip.
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every 5 year old in Chicago knows about the Blues Brothers, must be a demographic thing.  That looks like an amazing time, glad it worked out!  
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome!
    Kind of jealous.
    We love going to Las Vegas.
    It never gets old to me.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.