Home General Discussion
Options

Your Favorite Cigar?

Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
I was wondering what your favorite stick is? I've only been at it for about 9 months and have several I really like but am curious as to what is considered a really fine cigar. I never seem to be able to distinguish the flavors that you guys always talk about. The only flavor I taste is vanilla, and that's usually near the end.
You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!

Comments

• Options
    ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the Warped Corto X46
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I couldn't pick just one. 
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arturo Fuente Don Carlos
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    CrisiusCrisius Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    I find myself drawn to different tastes all the time. I like stuff across the board. And having been here a long time I'm gonna say, you won't ever match anothers pallet. You may agree on some cigars, disagree on others.

I myself find for daily consumption to tend towards Chillin Moose or 5 Vegas Gold. Two wildly different cigars pallet wise. But I do enjoy stuff from any type, except maduro's. Though there are some outliers, I really like Perdomo Maduro's.

Try a broad range. Mild to Full. Find and buy taster packs, I found more than a few that were 2-3 of each cigar so I could taste them enough times to know whether it was truly something I disliked or just a bad stick, and that worked out best for me.

But as @0patience states. Whatever you find you like, good. Keep at it. And if others don't, show them the door.
  • Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A cheap cigar is not necessarily a bad quality smoke. I go from one end of the spectrum to the other.

On the high end I LOVE Opus X and anything put out by the Fuente family. I don't know what it is about their cigars bit they're on a different plane.

Aging Room and Cohiba are a good mid-priced smoke, and I tend to lean towards anything with Dominican filler otherwise although I never quit sampling. 

On the cheaper side, Fuente Curly Heads are also pretty tasty, CAO puts out some good stuff, and every once in a while I'll puff on a Drew Estate.

I do tend to have expensive taste, and it goes beyond just cigars. I'm told it's because I'm the oldest kid in the family and got spoiled for a good couple years before another baby came along. Who knows :p
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    GrawlsGrawls Posts: 664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorites probably a draw between Padron family reserve or Ashton ESG
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Sobremesa and Mi Querida
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably the best advice I received when I first started smoking cigars was to try them all and have a good selection of go to cigars that I can choose from in the humidor. I still consider myself new to this hobby and have been trying every brand/size I can. I now have 15 or so that are my go to cigars depending on my mood but if I had to pick my favorite (as of today) I would have to go with the AVO LE 2007. Just a great cigar.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    I really have to think about it....hmm....now let me see....
    Can you call it a favorite if it's the only one you smoke?
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    NBK by Black Works Studio.
  • Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davidoff Aniversario Torpedo at the moment

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    I had one of those while visiting with @Patrickbrick last week, that is a nice cigar.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    peter4jc said:
    jd50ae said:
    I really have to think about it....hmm....now let me see....
    Can you call it a favorite if it's the only one you smoke?

I am not dry begging>
    It is not all that I smoke, it is all that I have.
    My cousin in White Plains NY fell on hard times.
    He was "let go" after 27 years as the General Mills photographer, his photos are everywhere.
    He likes cigars.
    I sent him 2 big boxes of non 5 Vegas cigars.
    When we lost everything in the tornado he was one of three family members that helped us. He made our Thanksgiving and immediately after the storm sent the biggest freakin box of coffee and crackers, the UPS guy was wide eyed, at least one of every brand the General Mills umbrella covers. And that is a lot.
    I did hold back the Pueblos, all but one, cause they don't make them anymore.
  • Options
    peter4jc said:
    Is it really? I mean I love the NBK but would be surprised if you did.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options
    Usaf06 said:
    peter4jc said:
    Is it really? I mean I love the NBK but would be surprised if you did.
    Well, it's not my favorite; my favorite is the one I'm smoking at any given point.  But the NBK is sure-fire go-to stick for me, especially when I can find them at $113 a box.
  • Options
    <3 you
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options
    Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite changes depending on my mood.  Nick was right, short sobremesa and Mi Querida are fantastic smokes.  I like anything from Black Label Trading, And it goes without saying I like everything from Black Works Studio.  The Sindustry is amazing as well as the NBK.  I smoked my 1st one of the NBK this morning.
    I see a Box of them in my near future. 
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bump
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    <3 you
    You s.l.u.t!!
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don Carlos 
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Padron 1926 Maduro