Home Non Cigar Related

CCW new stats.......Surprise or is it.....

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2017 in Non Cigar Related
"The FBI has finally posted its NICS background check figures for August, and it'll probably surprise more than a few pundits. A total of 1,925,146 were processed, shattering the previous record for the month set only last year at 1,853,815."

Gee, I wonder why that is.....?

Comments

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Suits tv suits harvey specter gabriel macht GIF
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Bob_Luken said:

Suits tv suits harvey specter gabriel macht GIF

Gee BOB
    I don't know
    I have had one for years, in multiple jurisdictions.
    And everyone I know, who can, also has one.
    So, it is not news to me.
    I guess you will have to leave the answer to the pundits.
    Hey, they are always on top of things.
    And Lord knows they have been proven trustworthy.

Can't believe that I didn't convulse typing that last sentence.
    edited September 2017
    Well, my friend, we can talk about CCW permits or we can talk about NICS background checks. Which is it? 

The article I found on the American Rifleman website doesn't mention CCWs.  You're talking about CCWs while referencing stats on background checks. (I think.)

Also, The article didn't speculate as to why there were a record number of background checks in August. I don't know why. I don't want to guess at it. You seem to know. Tell me. Or don't. But I ain't guessin'  

HULU tv snl nbc saturday night live GIF
    OK, after thinking about it for a few minutes in a row, I withdraw the question. It may satisfy you more to just hint at the reason but as for me I am still kinda' stumped as to why exactly, in August, there were record numbers of background checks.

"A total of 1,925,146 were processed, shattering the previous record for the month set only last year at 1,853,815. Each one of the requests doesn’t necessarily reflect a firearm purchase, but the figures do provide a rough barometer of overall (gun) sales."

Bob_Luken said:
    OK, after thinking about it for a few minutes in a row, I withdraw the question. It may satisfy you more to just hint at the reason but as for me I am still kinda' stumped as to why exactly, in August, there were record numbers of background checks.

"A total of 1,925,146 were processed, shattering the previous record for the month set only last year at 1,853,815. Each one of the requests doesn’t necessarily reflect a firearm purchase, but the figures do provide a rough barometer of overall (gun) sales."

Actually my post was about requests for CCW.
    The requests, I do not believe. are an indication of sales. The requests made by people I know already owned firearms.
    The sales of firearms (all types) have remained steady, with a few bumps some huge, for years.
    Also the requests are not really an indication of how many are issued.
    Let me say now, this upsets my pro gun friends, I don't think, except for a few cases, that a CCW should be issued without proof of a safety course. If you have had a serious threat made against you and the police are involved they should issue you one asap. Most threats are made in the home and you don't need a CCW.

One huge jump is sales was when calalafornia went after M16 type rifles. The jump in sales was country wide. Every time there is talk about confiscation or limits of the number of firearms you can own there is a jump in sales and requests. This latest jump, I don't know. Disasters maybe, fascists and riots maybe, breakdown in law enforcement...?

I pay attention to gun stats because for years the 2nd Amendment and gun laws were something I studied for years. From "The Founding Fathers" opinions and reasons all the way up to a few years back. 

Just thought it was an interesting stat because it interests so many people.
    I know you're talkin' about CCWs BUT I'm tryin' to point out that The article you referenced was for background checks. Not ccw. They are separate things. Background checks are run every time someone attempts to purchase a firearm. CCWs are permits to carry issued by states. I know you know the difference. Right? 
    edited September 2017
    OMG
    You are correct  :s
    Now I feel really bad and shall refrain from posting until someone checks my post.
    I was set up..............
    Seriously. I apologise. I don't know why it happened.
    I'll be you editor. But I doubt you'll listen to my advice LOL
    I really do wonder,... why there were record number of BCs in August?
    I think it is sinking in that this country, our country, is in trouble.
    And I don't mean NKorea and all the disasters.