Home General Discussion
Options

Damage to Cigar Factories from Hurricanes????

Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
Has anyone heard if the recent Hurricanes have had much impact on the cigar factories in the Dominican Republic or any of the other islands impacted. With the damage as devastating as  is being shown in Puerto Rico, etc they must be hurting.
You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!

Comments

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nica is fine
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smith was down there & said all fine. But I don't know what side of which mountain.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prices will jump even if the fields are OK. The infrastructure is screwed.
  • Options
    Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They mostly grow tobacco in what is our Winter time.
    The only time I ever heard of them growing tobacco in the summer was for a movie on the Fuente farms. 
    And they used That tobacco for the opus X lost world.
    Nasty opus.....Doesn't taste like any of the rest of them.
    So there might have been some damage but I don't think it was crop damage.
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sketch6995 Funny you should mention the Lost Worlds. I was just contemplating whether I wanted to buy a box...not worth it in your opinion hey?
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    @Markwell
    It's my least favorite Opus.  It doesn't have that classic Opus flavor.  My opinion of course.
    There's a reason they are still for sale.   :D
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good point lol...was wondering about that. Thought maybe they did a second release or something. 
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dirtdude said:
    Heard the factory that turns out 5 Vegas Gold was demolished.

Just kidding @jd50ae
    Man, don't do that!  You scared the heck out of me.  I almost had the big one!
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything on the new one?  It hit all the cigar producing areas. 
  • Options
    AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heard the same especially Nicaragua and Costa Rica. Better stock up before they raise prices.