Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Bugs.

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
You know, it's funny.
I've heard of cockroaches and I seen some at one of those science places, but never actually seen a lot of bugs that people talk about. LOL!

We do get black widows, hobo spiders and brown recluse here and I've seen spiders, like wolf spiders and we have northern alligator lizards here, but the majority of the interesting bugs and animals, unless it's salmon and elk, we don't see them much here. LOL!

What creatures or creepy crawlies are where you live? 
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hate dem stupid June Bugs, they get into everything and die.  We get a lot of paper wasps here nesting in the nooks and crannies, even in the car door wells.  Black widows we get a lot of them.  We've been getting a lot of skunks in the neighborhood lately, having to pull the dogs inside so they don't get sprayed again.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Racoons, possums, beavers, skunks and civet cats are mostly what we have here.
    Across the river, porcupines are everywhere, but on the Oregon side of the river, they are pretty much non-existant. 

I guess I find it kind of interesting how there are creatures in one place, but not another, even though the climates and environments are the same.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't let Peter know about those civets, he might send you some coffee cherries to have "processed" for good 'ole Oregon Cafe Luwak  :D
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Things that make you go.... Ewwwww!
     :D 
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Every snake known in TN------everywhere all the time. Big ones little ones. Noisy ones and sneaky ones. And my step daughter will capture by hand everyone and move then to @Amos_Umwhat s property.

Have I ever mentioned ticks? 5 kinds.
    But, the war has gone well.
    Not a single one in 2 months.

And flies, some as big as volkswagens. Horror movie stuff.

And Orb Weavers, pretty spider. But when you walk into one hanging 25 feet or more from a tree branch not so pretty.
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,983 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have every weird and annoying bug pussible. Mosquitos that will carry a baby away if not anchored down. Palmetto bugs that are just 3 inch roaches. Spiders, scorpions, snakes, mice, beetles, ticks, lizards, and alligators 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We get Stink Bugs but don't tell Markwell because he thinks I cursed his Valley and sent some there...LOL These things are horrible they cover the screens and doors just waiting to get in and when you crush them they give off the most sickening sweet odor. Besides that our state bird "The Mosquito". Also have Bald Eagles, Deer, Fox, Skunks, Raccoons, snakes, Buzzards, Hawks, etc. The ticks were supposed to be really bad this year but only saw a couple on my dogs.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We now have an influx of stink bugs...first time ever. There were 5 in my bedroom last night alone. 

Down at work the mayflies are awfull right now. Also have those giant wasps and hermalganite things which fly and have pinchers.

“Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    We have every weird and annoying bug pussible. Mosquitos that will carry a baby away if not anchored down. Palmetto bugs that are just 3 inch roaches. Spiders, scorpions, snakes, mice, beetles, ticks, lizards, and alligators 
    I used to tell folks that the state of California had nothing to worry about regarding the perennial battle between the chambers of commerce because in just a few short years the entire state of Florida is gonna sink back into the sea from the weight of all the bugs. What's particularly disgusting is to go dove hunting in an orange grove and walk face-first into the web of a big orange and brown spotted spider with a leg span of about 6". Nasty buggers....

Between bugs and mildew, I don't know which is worse down there.....
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,983 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah we got some big spiders. Banana spiders are always a sight to see
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm  just going to curl up with the scorpions and an occaisional black widow and be happy. I did have one of the creepy things somebody mentioned, flying critter with pincers, land on the outside of my half down window at work. Up went the window and in hung on til 40mph, was glad to shake him.
    A little dirt never hurt