Home General Discussion
Options

CCom Chicago Herf 17 - Dec 8 -10

12346»

Comments

• Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did they fix the ventilation system? Definitely not enough smoke in the pictures you pansies, lol. Looks like I'll have to show up next year.

Really missed hanging out with all of you.
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,437 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think they changed anything, except adding two fans on the floor to mix up the air.  Same amount of smoke, just not hanging on the ceiling...  It did seem better, and probably just doesn't show up in pics because of the fans.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No shiit last year u had to step outside to breathe. Looks like fun fellas and ladies. Can't wait to return again one day. 
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No shiit last year u had to step outside to breathe. Looks like fun fellas and ladies. Can't wait to return again one day. 
    Well, we will be waiting for your return from “eliminating threats” for the CIA...( @Patrickbrick and I are convinced you are like Jason Bourne).
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha. That was an interesting conversation to listen in on. 

Made it safely back back to the homestead. Bert is on his last leg for another 2 more hours. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad your home safe, @matkn293

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    My main contribution to the Chi-town herf was abstaining from the cheese curds so @bert873 could eat 'em all.  It was nice of Bert to share with @matkn293 though.

• Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha. He devoured some cheese curds. Throw some pizza on top of that and you got Cheese mania!

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,983 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He aint gonna **** for a week
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    matkn293 said:
    Haha. He devoured some cheese curds. Throw some pizza on top of that and you got Cheese mania!
    New thread: How do you poo

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea those cheese curds were hard to stay away from! So damn good
  • Options
    Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I heard was cheese curd pizza. If it’s not a thing, it should be!!
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chalupa will have lots of pictures once she is feeling better.  She is home with a nasty fever and sick right now.  Never fails after this thing.  Anyways there will be lots more pics coming soon!
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So much stout. So little time. In addition to the several that made it home with me I got beat up by almost everyone who opened a bottle that night. Two different bourbon county, a sinfully sweet vanilla bean brew from @Patrickbrick, two from @avengethis, a Neapolitan that really tickled my fancy and a Russian imperial Rasputin something or other. Of my own stash I did an abyss 17 reserve, something monster peanut butter stout and a Christmas porter with a psychedelic looking label. Memory is a little fuzzy so I can't put a real name on anything but the abyss and a dragon's milk sent home with me by Mrs avenge. If she is on the forum I don't know her handle. Any help there?

My wife took home the newb raffle prize too. @trident bought me a whole heap of trouble letting her first smoke ever be a partagas serie d number 4. And Ryan did her a solid with a padron damaso. Now I'm looking at some storage upgrades because I am at 110 percent capacity right now. I had to pull out a dozen or so sticks to keep in a mason jar to free up humi space. 

@Trident also hit me directly with one of his wedding cigars and an original release liga 9

@guitarded got me on a double too with a sobremesa and one other that isn't coming to mind right now.

You are all animals and I can't wait for next year
  • Options
    Captain_Call said:Memory is a little fuzzy so I can't put a real name on anything but the abyss and a dragon's milk sent home with me by Mrs avenge. If she is on the forum I don't know her handle. Any help there?
    Justine is @Chalupa_Batman

• Options
    skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guitarded said:
    I had a great time! 
    Got to celebrate @Patrickbrick birthday with him and his family, eating some of his cooking, smoking and some great beer!
    Seeing some old friends and meeting new ones at the herf was an amazingly fun day. 
    I am still in the Chicago area at my sisters home trying to recover from the beat down the Lou Crew, Dayrun, and Patrick put on me. Thank you gentlemen I am not worthy! 

It was all @matkn293

I was not even there.......
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:

Justine is @Chalupa_Batman

It's too late to edit but I'll lock that away for future reference. Thanks
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looked like tons of fun, sorry i missed it.
  • Options
    thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    looks like you guys had fun, I don't go had work, maybe next time, I live close by anyway, just don't go casas as often due to schedule.
  • Options
    Thanks again, Joe @thedjfish@comcast.net, for helping make this great event possible!