Home Non Cigar Related

EDC (Every day carry)

2»

Comments

• Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kershaw's    I carry the small one everyday and sometimes it's big brother.

Kershaw is good kit.  I carry a Leak daily and sometimes Blur is in my back pocket
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diver43 said:
    Slick. Which model is it? What pen is that? Is that an iwb appendix holster?

Glock 43 w/ simple IWB kydex holster made by a local young man, Kershaw Leak, Streamlight Stylus light, Citizen watch, the wallet I picked up in Italy last week. Card holder is shielded and lift cards out of it with a push of a button.

I am not skinny so appendix carry does not work well.  I wear my holster IWB or OWB at about the 3:30 position under a untucked shirt, except when driving long distance, then it is in a cross draw holster.

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    The 43 was really a home run for glock. I had no idea that was a light. I run a 1911 at the 430 both in and out. On long sitting spells I slip it in my carry slot on my day bag. I have been putting off the transition to polymer striker as long as I can but it's creeping up on me fast
    The 43 was really a home run for glock. I had no idea that was a light. I run a 1911 at the 430 both in and out. On long sitting spells I slip it in my carry slot on my day bag. I have been putting off the transition to polymer striker as long as I can but it's creeping up on me fast

The G 43 is a compromise. I went from a Stainless Combat Commander to  SW Shield in 9mm. With the heat and wearing shorts and flip flops often here I would put a little Kel Tec P3AT in my pocket and call it good. When wearing regular cloths and not at the beach or on a boat the Glock's finish helps with sweat and being around salt water.  I have carried for a long time now, even though I am not a deeply religious person, I pray that I may never need to use my sidearm. Sadly lately there have been too many times that a person needed one and did not have one. As they say, I would rather carry always and never need it, than to need it and not have it with me.  Stay up on your local laws, follow them to the letter and you will keep you and yours a little bit safer. To Saint John Moses Browning I pray.
    It may be a compromise for you but for that arms maker the 42 and 43 represented a move forward into single stacks for slimmer carry. And they sell really well even though they don't toe the line with the rest of the glock lineup
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sittin here, nuttin I need, eager to buy most anything on line, bumped into Deejo.
    Whattaya think of this, for just $89?

They got different finishes, different wood colors, a myriad of etchings, even different fonts to choose from to etch a msg on the handle. Anyone here got a Deejo?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

@webmost said:
    Sittin here, nuttin I need, eager to buy most anything on line, bumped into Deejo.
    Whattaya think of this, for just $89?

They got different finishes, different wood colors, a myriad of etchings, even different fonts to choose from to etch a msg on the handle. Anyone here got a Deejo?

Good looking knife

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

Aw man, I thought we were talking about the Electric Daisy Carnival, not what our keys look like!

Don't look ↑
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

The pen is, after all, mightier than the sword...

Don't look ↑
  • BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I wanted to be really hi-speed and always be ready, I would carry something like a solid, low profile arrangement to include a Citizen Eco-Drive solar watch with a tacti-kool wrist band for comfort, a SOG Mini-Aegis lightning fast deployed blade that is extremely low profile and sits lower in the pocket than anything else in the world, a backup Byrd Robin by Spyderco because two is one, and RFID blocking minimalist wallet, and to top it all off maybe possibly perhaps a Springfield XDS 4" in .45 with a pocket clip on the rack (and some skid tape for traction) because holsters suck.
    You know, if I carried anything at all besides a smile and a few phone numbers from the ladies handing them out._ I wouldn't recommend carrying all the .308 brass, though._

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rhamlin said:
    (Image)
    My first and last Christmas present from my wife. Never leave Home without them. 

Just realized I’ve been carrying this knife for 25 years now.