Home Non Cigar Related
Options

A new NEWS Channel, at least to me. "OAN"

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
Was curious and tuned in.
They read the news with no emotion, and no attempt to interpret it. It appears to be  straightforward reporting and so far I can discern no politics involved. Because of straightforward reporting it does come across a little dry.
There is some L and R leaning in some of the "Hosted Shows", but you know it upfront and that is the way it should be, you're not surprised.
The reporters seem to be on the younger side and they occasionally suffer from fumble mouth, they are obviously still learning their trade. I have not seen one smirk or gotcha. The brakes, that would normally be filled with commercials are political it appears, but not the actual reporting. 
Now understand, I have only tuned in 4 times for about 5 or 6 hours and so all of that could change. 
I intend to record a couple of the "Hosted" shows to see how they stack up compared to other networks. I mean, just how far will they take it. (Nothing touches Tucker Carlson)
It will be interesting to see if a news show with basically unknown talking heads, just reporting the news, and not making it up on the fly, can survive.
Channel 347 on DTV 
Give it a look and give it a chance. This could be a good thing.

Comments

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been watching bits and pieces of OAN for several months, but only the reporting and not the 'hosted' sections.  I like it - no commentary means they can cover a lot of ground, and they report on more world news too.

It's not actually a bias per se, but which news events they decide to carry is what gives them away as being conservative.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    BS
    Because they carry stories that cnn and msnbc make a conscious decision not to carry does not make them conservative.
    It makes cnn and msnbc piss poor reporters and they are doing nothing but trying to control the news. See any reporting on the new DNC book on cnn or msnbc? But you did see a BS story on KOI.
    Did you see the DNC book on OAN? Did you see a BS story on KOI?
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Sounds like FOX news pre- Murdoch.  Back in the '90s I watched FOX all the time, just reporting no spin.  Then Bill O'Reilly arrived, and it all went spinning off into media glitz.  I liked Bill, about half the time.

BTW, @peter4jc , love the new outfit!  I see you got yourself a wig, too! 

JK!! :D
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    I finally watched one of the "Hosted" shows and it is most assuredly anti democrat.