Home General Discussion
Options

New question about humidity control

2»

Comments

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    City tap water. Most of the drinking water you buy in bottles come from municipal sources, with all the fluoride and other crap added in. It preserves better, and carries less risk of living organisms than untreated or even most purified waters.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    I heard a rumour that some distilled water sold is really treated by reverse osmosis. 
    Correct, some is or use to be…Walmarts Great Value distilled water used to be treated by steam distillation, reverse osmosis, ozonation, ultraviolet, and carbon filtration. Now its just sold as distilled…
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Distilled water can have cross contamination problems and if distilled at the wrong temperature can include impurities. Think of distilling alcohol, needs to be right to avoid methyl alcohol. 
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the give-and-take, guys. I might’ve even learned a thing or two from it. And that makes it all worthwhile. 
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it’s more about the chlorine they put in tap water to keep us from getting sick