Home Non Cigar Related

What did you do for new year's eve?

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2018 in Non Cigar Related
What did yo do on new year's eve? We dressed up and went out for new year's eve. I can only count on one hand how many NYE parties I've actually been to. I'm usually more of a stay at home and watch **** Clark's Rockin' New Year's Eve kinda' guy. 

And, I didn't get to incorporate a cigar into my evening with much success.   

Smoking while standing,.... Not terrible, but I kinda' hate that.

Smoking while standing in a breezy 13 degrees Fahrenheit (-2 wind chill). I tried but I REALLY hate how stupid I was to try that even if only for a minute or two at a time.

I wasn't really planning to but I figured I'd throw a smoke in my jacket pocket after getting dressed up for NYE. (It was a K. A. Kendal 7-20-4 maduro corona.) We knew it was gonna be cold but, we also knew they'd have a deck area there where they'd let you smoke. I got my hopes up when I saw one of those propane outdoor heaters out there, but the wind just made a joke of that sumbitch. I had fun otherwise. It was held at a local brewery, Mayday. They had the place dressed up and the dress code was,.... cocktail attire. (I googled it.)  Nice meal, and few pints included. Two bands. (Speaking of the bands,....How does a guy with little girly fingers play guitar? Kid looked like he wouldn't have the strength or dexterity in his fingers to use a pencil. But he did ok on lead guitar and that is a mystery to me. ) I got to try their stouts and Debbie tried some sour beer. Nice evening except for the Wisconsin-like weather.    

Did you stay home or go out? Did you celebrate with a good cigar?

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Went to a friend's party, he had awesome pulled pork with Kings Hawaiian rolls smoked in his BGE and lots of deserts.  I made pretzel Rollo pecan turtles to bring, easy treat. The guys talked Craft beer and the ladies Game of Thrones.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    watched a little tv with the wife but it was just too stupid, went to bed, wife woke me up to wish me a happy new year.
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TV with the wife, bed before 11:30. No cigar. : (

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edna20 said:
    Apparently decided to drink like a rockstar ;) Had a bunch of people
    over, stayed up with my brother in law and his wife until 2am. Drank beer, corn nog (some sort of Mexican corn drink with rum so we call it corn nog), Bourbon County Brand Stout (nasty 14.1 abv beer), champagne, and more beer! Hurting today, good times though!!
    "Nasty " you madam are an amateur.  That's great stuff, please send all "nasty" stouts my way for sampling and quality control.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smoked some.  Watched a couple movies.  Went to bed around 11:30.  Got woke up at midnight by all the Mexican salutes.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ate Turkey, watched old movies and drank a bottle of Italian bubbly
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Went to a concert in San Francisco with the wife last night until 2:30 am then Uber ride home got in around 4am. Slept all day then off to pick up the lil one

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did the annual last steam train of the year ride down in Amish Country with friends, froze my azz off, smoked an Opus, drank a glass of Merlot, then chatted with my lady friend until midnight from the comfort and warmth of my bed.

This is the first year I did NOT watch the ball drop on tv. Think I have a new tradition.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Went to a party with wife and group of friends, danced all night, got drunk and recovered yesterday. Had a blast!
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watched our usual ghost shows on TV and switched over to FOX at midnight to watch the ball come down and we were in bed by 12:07 AM.  Hey, I'm old!
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YankeeMan said:
    ...... Hey, I'm old!
    HA!!  You think YOU’RE old.......   :#
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    V-Herf baby 
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I played Axis and Allies and a couple other board games.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drank a lot of wine and worked on removing the vent/recirculation door actuator on the 1999 Sierra beater truck, talk about a complete PITA. Later watched the original Miracle on 34th street.
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We watched The Walking Dead, and managed to time the death of the Governor to within seconds of midnight. First time watching it too. 

Happy New Years! Sh*tty villian dies spectacularly. Good stuff.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...