Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

ForMuds Build Thread

ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
I should start by explaining the title. I'm on a lot of truck related forms and there's always "Build Threads" on them. They're used to look back at what you've done to your build over the years...So I figured I would start something like that for myself here.
First thing to keep in mind....I'm very very new to this ( A grand total of 8 different sticks under my belt ) and I thought it would be a good idea to see how things progress over time.
Second thing is, this is going to painful for some of you with good tastes and a long history of smoking....So bear with me with my amateur descriptions and lack of taste buds.
And lastly, this is going to go slow. Due to time restraints, the only time I have enough time to sit down an enjoy a good smoke is on the weekends. I did sneak one yesterday after work, but that's going to be rare.

Which ones I've had so far.....
Alec Bradley - Prensado
Cohiba
CAO Feito Brazilia
Carlos Torano - Exodus 1959
Oliva - Serte
Rocky Palel - Decade
Gurkha - War Pig
Now all these I used to get a baseline of what I liked strength wise. I will go back to some over time and play closer attention to them.

Now yesterday I had a 5 Vegas Classic
I'm pretty sure it was the Corona in size
The burn was nice and even also easy to start.
The smoke was light.
The burn time was right around 45 minutes.
My first impression was mild and under whelming then quickly turning into I guess what everyone calls leather. I'm not sure if that's what I was tasting or what I was expecting to taste but it was light
The middle is where I started to enjoy it. The impression that came to mind was a light slight mossy taste which held on to the 3/4 mark were it turned a weak bitter.
The taste left over in the mouth was nice and not over whelming ( Good enough to kiss your grandmother with....As I thought at the time )
I smoked this in my shop ( 40' x 40' ) and it left a light,sweet, nutty smell behind. ( l like to come back in an hour or so to see what the smell is )
I will get these again for sure and use them for when I'm looking for a quick and light smoke.

Julian      

Comments

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is going to painful for some of you 
    ouch the brady bunch GIF by TV Land Classic
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know this will come across as 'squelching new people' and 'making the forum less welcoming', but it's not my intent at all.

I just want to know why.  Why does a newb with 8 sticks under his belt want to start a thread to publicly record what smokes he smoked?  This isn't building a truck where your process might help someone years down the road, so it's recorded for posterity, right?

It's very cool that you're making the effort to investigate the flavors and educate your palate.

While I'm generally sarcastic/rude/a bit snarky, there is none of that here.  I just want to know why.  And I'm not even saying you shouldn't start this thread.  Maybe it's the excitement of a new hobby, yes?  Maybe all of us should start our own thread.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I can look back and see what progress I've made. Sure I guess I could have done the on paper, but I thought I might make me come on here more often to learn and see what's out there. 
    I did think for a while if I should do this thread or not.....I'm still wondering if I made the right move ( Not because of your comments )
    I'm sure 99% of the people on here won't care or bother to follow this, and It won't bother me one bit because it wasn't my intent for starting this thread.
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
     ForMuds? Is that you screen name? (Should you ever get one.)