Comments

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I like pictures. 

Never mind, I'll take a guess. 

This one? She's a beauty! 

Olde English Cigar Tower Humidors
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that is a beautiful piece of furniture! 
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Yep that would be the one .  I’m going to have to figure out how to season that beast ! 
    Strictly speaking from what I've heard/seen (and not from personal experience) you just need to get an oasis and let it run for week or two until the cabinet reaches your desired relative humidity. 
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
    No cabinet experience myself either but, just asking those that might know a thing or two, would placing a few shallow bowls of distilled water on each shelf help speed up the process? (In addition to the function of the cigar oasis.) 
  • That’s what I was thinking I would do .   Only other thing I’m wondering is if I will need fans to circulate air ? 
    Some of the humidification systems such as the Cigar Oasis come with a couple small fans which you can space out in your tower. Otherwise, it isn't a bad idea to add a few pc fans. 
  • Do the pc fans have certain plugs that will plug into the Oasis ?  I was almost thinking about just putting a couple off heartfelt beads on the upper shelves anyone use these ? 
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Think they sell a fan kit that plugs into the oasis 

check cheaphumidors 
    I have not viewed these in their entirety so I can't vouch or verify anything in them but I'm posting them anyway. I'll watch them later.

https://youtu.be/YLWhSwiTg9Q

https://youtu.be/9hxlWHvA0eo
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I had PC fans hooked up in my tower for quite a while, but because of problems with the humidifier, I took them out to do some other work to it.
    Cigar Humidifier Fan Kit
    Oasis and Hydra have slots for the fans. 

I'm fortunate, that I don't fight humidity too much.

On another note, after seeing the drawers in that unit, I'm almost thinking about looking into seeing if they sell the drawer set and retro fitting it to my tower or building a drawer set for mine.
    Shelves are nice and all, but the drawers look like they could help organize.
    Well, maybe not. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    Watched both of the videos posted by Bob earlier this afternoon. Liked the first one, but I can't understand why the guy decided he needed temperature control or why he actually put vent fans in. Doesn't that sorta defeat the purpose of a sealed humidor? Again, I'm no expert so some of you seasoned fellas feel free to educate me.
    @Markwell
    I'm kind of with you on that one.
    Seems like he's defeating the purpose. I can see if you are in a hot climate, but all it would do is remove humidified air. 

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think @Sketch6995 had some fan trouble, maybe he can chime in on which fans were problematic.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya, the fans universally suck.  Either too small or they are just useless.  You will need a humidification device below and above those stupid drawers, they just block airflow.
     If I had it to do over I would just take those drawers out, and add shelves.
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • If I put heart felt beads on the two top shelf’s will that take care of everything without using fans ?  Seems like some of the people online aren’t having any issues with just using the Magna because they upgraded the fans ....
    edited February 2018
    I use 2 cigar oasis magna 2.0, 1 below and 1 above the stupid drawers.  Humidity rises, but drawers make it a slow prospect.

Now see that hole in the top that looks like an attic?  I filled that with cigars too, so I put this up inside it for extra humidity.

No amount of heartfelt beads will do a job this big.

Thanks, @Sketch6995

I'm still right on the edge of taking a chainsaw to those drawers.   The inside of the drawers stays at perfect humidity, but having to put two cigar Oasis magna 2.0 takes up a lot of space I would rather use for more cigars lol.
    Of course  I have been threatening my wife and her China hutch for quite some time now...... Wouldn't that make a beautiful humidor?   :D
     I think it would make a better cigar storage than it does a waterford crystal collection.

If I put heart felt beads on the two top shelf’s will that take care of everything without using fans ?  Seems like some of the people online aren’t having any issues with just using the Magna because they upgraded the fans ....
    Oh by the way,  I have a set of auxiliary fans for the cigar Oasis magna 2.0,  And I probably will never use them, you are welcome to them if you want them........ Unless I gave them away already and don't realize it lol

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happened, Sketch?  Why yo so low?
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    edited February 2018
    Let me know how that China hutch goes, we have one like that and my Wife was talking about getting rid of the top part... but it would look good with cigar boxes in it, I'm thinking.  It just wouldn't keep the sticks cool in the summer like my winedor does.

• As far as purchasing fans go how to I go about powering them inside the humidor ? 
    edited February 2018
    As far as purchasing fans go how to I go about powering them inside the humidor ? 

0patience said:
    Oasis and Hydra have slots for the fans. 

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • They have the funky looking plugs that PCs fans use ? 
    The link I put to the Oasis fan kit shows the adapter.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said: