Home Pipes
Options

Need Help With Value

MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
Ok guys so I did some research and it would appear this is definitely a pipe rack/humidor. It's completely made of copper but doesn't have any maker marks. If any of you have ever seen anything like this I'd appreciate your thoughts!

“Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns

Comments

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    similar to this Roycroft one; if it was stamped it would be more valuable:

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/342744_3049-roycroft-pipe-rack-and-tobacco-jar-copper-stamped
  • Options
    Yeah! I'd seen another one by Roycroft with a plastic handle in place of the finial on mine. Very similar. Some of those are going for serious  $$. I'm thinking if I polish it I may find a mark somewhere but I'm hesitant to do that because it could harm the value.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mark should be stamped, so look inside on the bottom, underside of the lid or the bottom.
    You shouldn't have to do any polishing to find a mark.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    No stamp anywhere. Checked it head to toe about 10 times with a flashlight. Maybe it was homemade by a metal craftsman?
  • Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Markwell said:
    No stamp anywhere. Checked it head to toe about 10 times with a flashlight. Maybe it was homemade by a metal craftsman?
    I kinda like the fact it may be homemade, it’s a one off that someone put their heart into making it. 

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Could be classified as "folk art". Just a matter of how old it is.