Home Non Cigar Related
Options

I'm So Glad.....

ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
I grew up when I did ( 70s early 80s ) We were outside all the time playing in the woods or playing football/baseball, riding bikes, fishing......No cell phones, computers, 500+ tv channels.
I don't how kids these days deal with the constant barrage of information. 
In some ways they're growing up faster than I did....But in a bad way.
A shame kids can't be kids anymore. 

Comments

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ForMud said:
    I grew up when I did ( 70s early 80s ) We were outside all the time playing in the woods or playing football/baseball, riding bikes, fishing......No cell phones, computers, 500+ tv channels.
    I don't how kids these days deal with the constant barrage of information. 
    In some ways they're growing up faster than I did....But in a bad way.
    A shame kids can't be kids anymore. 
    Some maintain this is a fundamental source of the autism epidemic... a barrage of flashing illuminated images reach in thru the kid's eyes & scramble his brain.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021

So, the news this morning announced a new "challenge" on social media that teen-aged morons are responding to. Vandalize your school bathroom, post pictures on social media. Actually, the latest iteration of this stupidity is "slap a teacher", but that hasn't really taken off yet. Now that it's made "The News", however, I suppose we'll be seeing more of it.

The response has been to blame the social media outlets, as if it was their fault that American kids have been raised without any stable moral sense, instead of blaming the vandals and the parents / society that failed to produce responsible offspring.

I propose a different solution:

Caning. Singapore style punishment for vandalization. It should be fairly easy to locate those responsible for the vandalism, since the micro-brained idiots post their brave forays on social media. Take them downtown, bend them over, pull their pants down, (the pants didn't do anything, as my parents and grandparents informed me) and give them a good caning. Post that on their social media, right behind the post of their vandalistic exploits.

Problem solved. I'm betting that we'd see a 99.99999999% decrease in kids responding to the "challenge".

Nobody likes my ideas though, so, we'll probably buy them extra ice-cream or something as their punishment. Or, just continue to blame people with no control over the situation.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

They actually locked the bathrooms at my son's school in response to this. Didn't last long but it happened

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don’t forget the slap a teacher challenge 😡

• Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 80's were the best. I often tell my kids the just don't understand what they missed out on. I'm glad we didn't grow up with all this technology. I would have been in so much trouble. Imagining these things in the future was fun and most of this now is beyond our wildest dreams from back then. Life seemed so less stressful. It was truly an amazing decade.

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I moved to Florida in the 80s they still had paddles in the principals office. If you got out of line the principle would paddle your aśś

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭✭✭

Once I had to move the principles desk to the wall so he could get "swinging room" Ouch!!

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kids have been steeling and destroying stuff in my building all year. No consequences even though we know exactly what teams are responsible.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow. I did burnouts on the high school auditorium stage with my motorcycle..
    I found out rather quickly how hard it is to get the tire marks off of a wood stage.
    They knew right away who did it and I was busted immediately.
    3 days later, the stage floor was cleaned and I never did that again.

They should make any kids caught doing that, do latrine duty for at least a week.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭

@0patience said:
    Wow. I did burnouts on the high school auditorium stage with my motorcycle..
    I found out rather quickly how hard it is to get the tire marks off of a wood stage.
    They knew right away who did it and I was busted immediately.
    3 days later, the stage floor was cleaned and I never did that again.

They should make any kids caught doing that, do latrine duty for at least a week.

I had a buddy did that. He got expelled and had to move to his grandparents to go to a new school.

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

The stuff my friends and I did in high school can't be mentioned here... B)

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,680 ✭✭✭✭✭

Right now the apparently funny thing to do in middle school bathrooms is stealing all the toilet paper and paper towels, and then dispensing all the soap from the soap dispensers. They flush almost the toilet paper and paper towels down all of the toilets. They've had to start posting teachers in the bathrooms in between bells.

These kids are pretty f****** stupid bro. If you don't have any TP but you have to take a mondo shít, You're going to be wiping with your underwear and your Jimmy is going to rub against your fly for the rest of the day. Uncomfortable AF!

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    Cam_91Cam_91 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:

If you don't have any TP but you have to take a mondo shít, You're going to be wiping with your underwear and your Jimmy is going to rub against your fly for the rest of the day. Uncomfortable AF!

Wise words of experience here

• Options

@VegasFrank said:

..You're going to be wiping with your underwear and your wāng is going to rub against your fly for the rest of the day. Uncomfortable AF!

Almost forgot to FIFY

• Options
    edited October 2021

Edit. Fat fingered this post my bad