Options

Cheap Guilty Pleasures

Comments

• Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So basically @Usaf06 is smoking yard gars? Mi Querida
  • Options
    TrishTrish Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best budget friendly cigars are the ones that come out of your buddies humidors  :D:p wait, maybe that's why I haven't been smoking as frequently... kidding
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    Echambers said:
    0patience said:

But then again, I guess I have no taste. So there is that.

Wait...but you like me....oh, i get it...
    Naw buddy. I have great taste in friends.
    But I sometimes question their taste in friends. ROFL!
    How does that saying go?  "I'd never join a club that would have me as a member."
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would add these Bolivars on to the list... Nice chocolatey notes and the price is pretty close to 3 bucks of stick or under.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    I would add these Bolivars on to the list... Nice chocolatey notes and the price is pretty close to 3 bucks of stick or under.

I always wondered about those. 
  • Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just recently discovered cigar auction websites, it seems like that's a great way to try stuff I'm not willing to jump in and buy a box of. I just won a Man O' War Armada single for $4.00 which I'm pretty pleased with. I also bid on a few other things that I lost out on, because I wasn't willing to pay that much just yet, but that's the beauty of an auction. I'm in no rush to build up my collection just yet until I clean out the crap first, unless I can get a serious steal. 
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But what is the shipping cost going to be on that one cigar?
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    $0.25, I also won a box for $35.00 + $6.95 shipping, so the single is a quarter extra for shipping. It would have been $4.00 more for shipping just that single.
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet, thrifty shopper!!
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good on you, @CalvinAndHobo
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @peter4jc posted it twice, they must be good
  • Options
    Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    oliva g, and padron 2000
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    @peter4jc posted it twice, they must be good
    I do that for the dim bulbs around here in case it doesn't sink in the first time. ;-} 
    That's me.....My wife is up to four times.....
  • Options
    $0.25, I also won a box for $35.00 + $6.95 shipping, so the single is a quarter extra for shipping. It would have been $4.00 more for shipping just that single.
    Use their weekly shipping option ( If they have one ) it'll let the orders build up and should help bring the shipping down....Of coarse you end up buying more cause shipping is less....Which is good and bad....
  • Options
    ^^ Already did, it's set for Wednesday. 
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @CalvinAndHobo I was waiting to see if anybody else was curious enough to ask what you got for $35 a box plus $6.95 shipping but they didn't so I guess I'll have to ask you myself. What was it? And if you are on the site I think you are on,....yesterday I saw them auctioning a Xikar Xi1 cutter for $21 starting bid. If you don't already have an Xi cutter, put in a starter bid and if anyone wants to outbid you, let 'em. But it's worth $21.
  • Options

Here's everything I won. I'm pretty pleased with myself. I like bold and spicy cigars, and those CAO's are right up that alley. I've heard from multiple people that the Gran Habano 2002's are great daily cigars so I'm giving those a shot from their freefall auction (I sat there for 20 minutes and let it reset twice just so I knew the lowest amount I could get it at haha). I lost a few different auctions for Alec Bradley Black Market Vandals which I was bummed about, but I set myself a limit of no more than $3 a stick unless it's something I've had before. And it was cigarbid.com which is ccom's auction website. @Bob_Luken
  • Options
    And I have a $9 firebird cutter which I got a few months ago that has been working great, clean cuts every time with no issues. I'm not going to get a new cutter when that one is working great. Maybe when it dulls down I'll look at that. 
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018

Here's everything I won. I'm pretty pleased with myself. I like bold and spicy cigars, and those CAO's are right up that alley. I've heard from multiple people that the Gran Habano 2002's are great daily cigars so I'm giving those a shot from their freefall auction (I sat there for 20 minutes and let it reset twice just so I knew the lowest amount I could get it at haha). I lost a few different auctions for Alec Bradley Black Market Vandals which I was bummed about, but I set myself a limit of no more than $3 a stick unless it's something I've had before. And it was cigarbid.com which is ccom's auction website. @Bob_Luken
    I think you did alright except, and this is just my opinion,............ Oh screw it. I'm not gonna tell you which one of those I hate. You should just enjoy your winning bids without my opinion having the slightest chance of influence. LOL
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Or not enjoying...
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the prices they have been having at Holts and especially, at the Monster (coupled with discount codes plus cash back from ebates), you can really clean up right now. I haven't been seeing deals like I've been seeing in like 10 years. It's a real buyers market right now if you shop smart, utilize free shipping, find discount codes, and also capitalize on cash back sites . You can get premium sticks at budget prices so why smoke a budget stick? 
  • Options
    Bumping this thread based on recent questions from newbies.
  • Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For about $5 to $6 per cigar, CRAZY ALICE by Drew Estate. Why is it a "guilty" pleasure, you ask? Because I usually don't particularly care for infused cigars, they leave my throat sore and the taste is usually too much it's overpowering the tobacco. Not so with Ms. Alice, here.

It still has plenty of real tobacco flavor to enjoy, it's smooth and lively, but mild overall. Perfect for anytime, with coffee, or whenever you don't feel like having anything else. I also don't feel bad if I rush the smoke a little...it's not a large cigar and it burns steadily unlike a Nub which takes time to finish.

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    @kfafnis

The original La Palina Classics (without a secondary band) are  getting hard to find.
  • Options
    Illusione Rothschild
    Padron 2 and 3000
    Umbagog rubusto

All great, all under $5