Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Has anyone changed their mind about AR 15 rifles and destroyed theirs?

Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
I still have my 3 in the safe. One for punching paper, yes they can be extremely accurate, another is for hunting wild hogs, yes they are good for hunting and another set up for home defense.
They reside in our home and have never harmed anyone. They just kind of sit there unless a person picks one up.

I dont need anymore, but have spare parts in case something breaks.

They are by definition NOT assault rifles, they only go bang once when the trigger is pulled.  Never been used in war, those were full auto or 3 round  burst M-16s now changed to M-4 configuration.

What I have are AR15s.  Armalite Rifles, so named fir the company that produced them.
No automatic or any other evil description given to them by the media or polititians that know nothing of which they speak.

Wonder if I alone think that way here
Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

Comments

• Options
    GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's easy for people (Anti-gun mostly) to make a lot of noise, and assign blame (Distraction) to an inanimate object.  That object happens to be incapable of defending itself and pointing out the underlying issues people refuse to look at. When you have the intelligent and articulate comments made above ^^^, they are brushed aside and criticized by the same nuts blaming a tool for the ills of our society.. 
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    @0patience
    Your forgetting something. When you were a teenager you were a lot smarter, more mature, wiser then any kid of today. You worked harder, had more respect and were far more likely to take personal responsibility for your actions then any of the smart mouthed jerk offs of today. Schools actually taught you useful stuff like the 3Rs and not the liberal gender bending garbage crap they are indoctrinating the kids of today with. 
    I loved reading and it is becoming a lost skill today. I am not kidding when I slip in the question "would you hire a "college" graduate today"? Foul mouthed and bad manners is the norm.
    Originally they wanted a 2 tier voting system, Military and 21, but that discriminated against women. But lbj wanted the votes so it finally got to be 18 years of age. It was on the docket for a lot of years before Vietnam made it possible, I believe WWI was when it first reared its head.

But you are 100% correct about one thing. Laws are for honest people and the thugs will get firearms if they have to kill someone to get them.
    Again I say, do not confuse the thugs with the school shootings. It is 2 distinct and separate arguments. 
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never wanted an AR15 type of firearm. Much prefer a worked long barrel in 30 caliber. Looking at the new Ruger 7.62X39 with real drool.
  • Options
    AR in 7.62 x 39 makes an excellent deer/hog rifle
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gun control aside, one thing's for sure, there are a lot of folks in this country with a Self-Control problem.  
    Aptly put.

Did'ja see where some guy beat someone to death with a Hammer?  Anyone suing Stanley?  They made the hammer you know.  It's probably their fault, isn't it?  God knows this country needs more hammer regulation.  
    I read the other day that more people are killed using hammers in America than using rifles.

However, reason, history, contemporary example, rights, statistics are all simply irrelevant to people whose only language is emotion.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I lost mine in a tragic boating accident. Does that count?
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I want to know is, where were all these twats when Congressman Steve Scalise was mowed down last summer?
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    I lost mine in a tragic boating accident. Does that count?

What a coincidence, so did I
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. Never.

Have you been to the Big Sandy Shootout @Significant3
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    Significant3Significant3 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @dirtdude No, actually never heard of it. Sounds like I should check it out though. 
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at that Chicken wing!!!!
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    Significant3Significant3 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know, it was my first time shooting. And my friend thought it was funny too.  :)
  • Options
    edited February 2018
     The Big Sandy Shootout, it's up by Wickiup, they roll tanks in there for that dustup.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uCppmoZiXUY

http://www.mgshooters.com

Back to your regular programming.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    dirtdude said:
     The Big Sandy Shootout, it's up by Wickiup, they roll tanks in there for that dustup.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uCppmoZiXUY

http://www.mgshooters.com

Back to your regular programming.
    Once again I wish we had a Holy Carp button!!!!

That looks like a blast.  With all the full auto firing, especially the mini gun, i dont think i could afford the ammo let alone the several thousands for the guns.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope I’m planning on building one 
  • Options
    HogandocHogandoc Posts: 10

An evil teen throws a football off a freeway overpass, causing a huge pile up, and 17 people die.

Let’s let the teen go, but ban 75% of all football games in the

US.  Nobody NEEDS to watch football. We’re not afraid of the

NFL (resist!). We could do background checks and age limits on anyone buying a football. Then, what if there had been a 

Constitutional amendment written in the 18th century, 

Granting the right of any American the right to own a football,

But we now ignore that, because feelings are more important than calculated rational thought.

• Options
    ^^^Give this man a cigar^^^

A little dirt never hurt