Home General Discussion

A new beginning

so for all of my life I have been a laborer and blue collar guy. As some of you know I have some health issues that have got in the way of the work I am trained for. Finally my dr said I can work part time but I need low stress...well that really was not a option in the line of work I do. So I figured what do I know and what can I do? So I did some thinking and came up with fishing and Cigars. So the other day I sat down and talked with a high up in the b&m I go to regularly and asked if there were any hours I could have. He told me they were over staffed at the moment but he’d keep me in mind. Well to my surprise and delight I will be working in the cigar world and get paid for something I’m very passionate about. I’m very happy they are giving me a chance and really hope that I can possibly impact another newb to one day become a cigar geek. The future looks brighter now and hopefully everything will turn out for the best

Comments

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be sure to work some fishing into your schedule also Lee
    A little dirt never hurt
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    That is awesome, Lee. Congrats. Don't smoke your whole paycheck.
  • GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭
     That's awesome. Don't know you, but glad to hear it and congrats. Now work in a little moonlighting as a fishing guide, and you'll be set! Maybe throw in some beer consulting..
  • YournamehereYournamehere Posts: 63 ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys and yeah will always try to fit fishing in!! @GaryThompson one day we will be aquatinted properly
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lee? As in my Korean fellow Angler, Lee?

Dude! Suuup?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • YournamehereYournamehere Posts: 63 ✭✭✭
    What’s going on @danielzreyes how’s the stoagie stand man? Do you even opus bro
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great news, Lee, congratulations.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Lee, hope it works out for you!
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • LoneSmokerLoneSmoker Posts: 286 ✭✭✭
    You're gonna love it
    LoneSmoker

With just a single cigar, we can escape from the cares of the world. - Richard Carleton Hacker
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is absolutely outstanding...totally absolutely outstanding!!!! 
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome Lee, congrats
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter