Home Non Cigar Related
Options

DOG FOOD RECALLS......Updated Frequently Sorry To Say

13»

Comments

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

Real Pet Food Company of Phoenix, Arizona, is recalling its Billy + Margot Wild Kangaroo and Superfoods Recipe due to possible contamination with Salmonella bacteria.

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

FDA links hundreds of dog deaths, severe illnesses to recalled pet food.
    https://fox17.com/news/nation-world/fda-links-hundreds-of-dog-deaths-severe-illnesses-to-recalled-pet-food-recall-midwestern-pet-foods-sportmix-pro-pac-nunn-splash-fat-cat-fish-food-aflatoxin-toxin-veterinary-medicine-cincinnati-ohio-kentucky-indiana?fbclid=IwAR3XN3pxeGwd14-8BmmKysHmj1wdJ3DnWzQOJG1vRjXCAciysdNnB-OZeug
    Earlier this month, the FDA sent a warning letter to Midwestern Pet Food, Inc., citing multiple areas of concern after several inspections and recalls.

Officials say the conditions “likely contributed to the illness or death of hundreds of dogs.

the following pet food products have been recalled if the date/lot code includes an expiration date on or before “07/09/22” and includes “05” in the date/lot code, which identifies products made in the Oklahoma plant," the FDA said.
    Pro Pac Adult Mini Chunk, 40 lb. bag
    Pro Pac Performance Puppy, 40 lb. bag
    Splash Fat Cat 32%, 50 lb. bag
    Nunn Better Maintenance, 50 lb. bag
    Sportmix Original Cat, 15 lb. bag
    Sportmix Original Cat, 31 lb. bag
    Sportmix Maintenance, 44 lb. bag
    Sportmix Maintenance, 50 lb. bag
    Sportmix High Protein, 50 lb. bag
    Sportmix Energy Plus, 44 lb. bag
    Sportmix Energy Plus, 50 lb. bag
    Sportmix Stamina, 44 lb. bag
    Sportmix Stamina, 50 lb. bag
    Sportmix Bite Size, 40 lb. bag
    Sportmix Bite Size, 44 lb. bag
    Sportmix High Energy, 44 lb. bag
    Sportmix High Energy, 50 lb. bag
    Sportmix Premium Puppy, 16.5 lb. bag
    Sportmix Premium Puppy, 33 lb. bag

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭

On a related subject, I took my dog to the vet today. A few weeks ago I put a "Seresto" brand flea collar on him, about a week later he started throwing up and refusing food. This went on a few days, I got to thinking about potential triggers, looked up the flea collar. Apparently a LOT of folks have had this problem with this brand collar.

A few days after removing the collar he seemed to be doing better, but took a turn for the worse last night. I can't say for sure that it was the collar, but possibly. On the other hand, he'll be 13 years old if he makes it to Halloween, so he's pretty old. The thing is, up until I put the collar on him, he was easily walking a mile or so, even running some, seemingly enjoying life.

At any rate, I'm leaving him at the vet and hoping he gets better. If he doesn't, that may have been his last truck ride. I hate that.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wishing for the best.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,711 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's rough, Steve. I hope he makes a full recovery.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    CtheHamCtheHam Posts: 205 ✭✭✭✭

So sorry to hear that! Hope he gets better soon!

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry about that Steve.

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope things work out.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.