Home General Discussion
Options

Does anyone have a recommendation for a cigar similar (but less expensive) to a Fuente Hemingway?

I have found that I really like the Fuente Hemingway cigars.  I would like to buy a box of something similar but less expensive.  My spouse wouldn't understand if I spent over 150.00 for a box of cigars.  If iIm being unrealistic in my efforts, please be kind.
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    I strongly dislike that damned app and staunchly avoid it. 

So sayeth The Oldfart......   B)
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, but how can you know 'everything' and not have the app
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    Ive bought from them off and on for years and only tried the app once - enough to know I detest It. It caused me to lose on a couple bids that I could have won. So, as the saying goes, “Feed ‘em fish heads”..    
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont use the app. Not even on my phone or tablet. Its optional to use the app
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Hemingways a regular Cameroon line just tapered on both ends?

Tapered both ends = more money
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it’s the preferido shaped vitola that makes it harder to roll which increases price to my understanding and yes it’s a Cameroon wrapper. It is a regular production lineup though, but maybe someone can suggest a cheaper fuente that will be similar at least. Though as others have shown there are places to get them that are significantly cheaper than others. 
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    If I’m not mistaken, and you want ‘cheap’ and ‘Fuente’ in the same sentence, I believe the Fuente Curly Head has a Cameroon wrapper and they’re cheap. 

Youre welcome......  B)
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Hemingway=Good
    Hemingway Maduro=Better

I honestly think the Short Story is one of the better vitola.  I'm not going to complain around $5-$6 a cigar, even for a short smoke, if I enjoy it.  The shape on these is just nice to smoke, but you pay for it.

I just bought a bunch of stuff and they were nearly all coronas.  Average price was around $8/cigar.  There are some cigars in the $3-$4 range that are okay, but I think there will always be a noticeable change in quality between $3 and $6.  All the ones I got in the $8 range are some of my favorites that I don't get often because of price, but I find myself smoking less because they're the ones I enjoy most. If I could afford them, I'd smoke more, but the lower quality sticks in the humidor don't tempt me as much.

Smoke what you like.  Smoke less if you can't afford them.  At least that's where I am now.  
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.