Home General Discussion
Options

Check out my portable cigar lounge

jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just ordered it today - my portable cigar lounge and picnic suite. 

My child bride and I plan to visit some of the nice parks in our area this summer using this folding bistro set. If we like it I’ll buy a wine carrier that’ll also hold a few items like fruit, cheese, and maybe some crackers or French bread. 

We’ll be able to snack, sip, and enjoy a cigar in a shady area of a park. How can ya beat that?    B)

Comments

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gonna rig up something with wheels so you don't have to carry it?  
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That should work nicely, your going to enjoy the parks
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You, good sir, got class!
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marty has it all figured out, a classic. example of a resident Oldfart. cheers Marty
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's why us old folks say that youth is wasted on the young!  As I told some of my younger police officers, I'll take age and treachery over youth and vigor any day!
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YankeeMan said:
    That's why us old folks say that youth is wasted on the young!  As I told some of my younger police officers, I'll take age and treachery over youth and vigor any day!
    Us old farts gotta stick together. 
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Parks...I know of none in PA that allow alcohol.  State, local, whatever.  Stinks for picnics.  I know a guy who just finished a stint as a park ranger, and he's always telling stories of how often they busted people.  Many are also no smoking, now.  Not the state parks, but some locals.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Martel said:
    Parks...I know of none in PA that allow alcohol.  State, local, whatever.  Stinks for picnics.  I know a guy who just finished a stint as a park ranger, and he's always telling stories of how often they busted people.  Many are also no smoking, now.  Not the state parks, but some locals.
    Indeed...PA liquor laws suck. Depends how far out into the sticks you wander. A group of us go by The Bennington Beer Gang where we hang to watch trains above Altoona in a certain state gameland. Straub and stogies all around. Nobody for miles unless you count the abandoned cemetery nearby in the woods, which hasn't had a new occupant since roundabout 1948. Granted, not quite comparable to a stroll through the park. 

“Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    It would be neat to watch the trains go by. Thanks for sharing that.  B)
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice Marty, will sure beat sitting in your parents house all day.  Enjoy my friend you two deserve/need it!
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    jlmarta said:
    It would be neat to watch the trains go by. Thanks for sharing that.  B)
    If you ever get to Pennsyltucky youins be sure to look me up. My old pontiac can still climb the dirt road to that spot :)
  • Options
    @Markwell

Chances are pretty slim, Mark, but you can bet money on the fact that I’ll remember your invitation. Many thanks, my friend.....