Home General Discussion

Dry-Brittle Wrapper

jw517jw517 Posts: 234 ✭✭✭
I won/bought a 5er of Gurkha Sedution last week and just had to try one! All my cigars come from cigarbid now and to be honest I have not unwrapped many paks at all. They are all sleeping in my cigar fridge at about 72RH average. I punched the cap and it cracked and about fell off. As I was smoking it,it cracked in about 4 places. By the time I was done it looked like a rag. It was a good cigar I thought but with all the problems it was not a good experience. I had this trouble with a 20 pak of HC Red Corojo too on the first smoke. Are they (cigarbid ) not keeping these things in good condition? Is this a fluke?

Comments

• jw517jw517 Posts: 234 ✭✭✭
    Ha,ha. I do have others that are fine so that's not it. 
    I was going to call cigarbid and tell them my findings but I don't want to rock the boat if this is a isolated incident.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jw517 said:
    I was going to call cigarbid and tell them my findings but I don't want to rock the boat if this is a isolated incident.

keep smoking Gurkha's, it will not be an isolated incident.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    I would not want to hand a friend this cigar then. Maybe my son-in-law!
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jw517 said:
    i think you should go ahead and call them up. you don't have to rock the boat too hard, just lean overboard a little.
    One would think you could properly humidify even a piece of crap if that was your business.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the ambient humidity and temp of the smoking environment? Could be a combination of problems. Maybe one part of it is an extreme humidity swing between resting in your humidor and light-up, and could be cracking your wrappers. Try setting them out where you will be smoking for an hour before light-up. Worth a try. Or dry boxing. 
  • ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of the three sticks I've thrown into the woodstove all have them have been Gurkhas... and I'm a cheap as s who won't throw out anything I've spent money no matter how bad it tastes.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ones that smoke decent are fine cigars.
    This is a good point.  I never had any problem out of the original Park Avenue, or the Black Ops.  A year or so back I had a Seduction that was very good, but the next one Gurkha'd on me.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Seduction used to be a favorite of mine. Until they started selling them through online. Quality went down fast.