Home General Discussion

Martini vHerf

YaksterYakster Posts: 25,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
So, I was thinking that even though National Martini Day this year is Tuesday, June 19th (before the MKE Herf) that we have a warm-up this Saturday, April 21st.

Jump on the vHerf and pair a martini with that cigar.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
Tagged:

Comments

• firehouseguyfirehouseguy Posts: 996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m in
    Cigars were made to be smoked, whiskey was made to be drank and women were made to be loved. The only thing I try to age is myself. 
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m in
    Of course you are

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yuck
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Oh dayum, I did a dry run on a gin martini tonight.  Wow, feeling like one and done for the night.

Ha you on vherf?
    Cigars were made to be smoked, whiskey was made to be drank and women were made to be loved. The only thing I try to age is myself. 
    Be on tomorrow

What time are people getting on
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh hell, thats tonight and I don't have any gin
    A little dirt never hurt
  • ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What time are people getting on
    Half hour ago in Delaware....
    dirtdude said:
    Oh hell, thats tonight and I don't have any gin
    Go to the store
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soon...
    I’ll be on in 10-15 minutes
    With an Anaconda

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Some classy dudes there.

Have no gin or martini chalice, not even a damn olive, looks like fun.

Cheers
    A little dirt never hurt
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dirtdude said:
    Some classy dudes there.

Have no gin or martini chalice, not even a damn olive, looks like fun.

Cheers
    That doesn't mean you couldn't have joined us Randy
    We had enough class for everyone to join 
    I found out that I like my martinis dirty by rinsing the glass with olive juice, built with 2.5 Oz gin, 0.5 oz vermouth, and three jalapeno stuffed olives.

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    I found out that I like my martinis dirty by rinsing the glass with olive juice, built with 2.5 Oz gin, 0.5 oz vermouth, and three jalapeno stuffed olives.
    Ha ha. They may be dirty but they sure as hell ain’t dry....  

Half an oz of vermouth???  Great Leaping Gollywoggles!!!!   :#
    Not dry, no.  May have to give that a try next.

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to use a spritzer to add the vermouth. One light spritz....  period..

But then, I do like them dry.....
    Mmm martini

So, National Martini Day is June 19th, which falls on a Friday this year, but I'm not sure that I can wait that long.

@firehouseguy Kevin, do you want to pick a date in April to pre-party?

@Yakster said:
    So, National Martini Day is June 19th, which falls on a Friday this year, but I'm not sure that I can wait that long.

My arm could be twisted

I propose a Martini vHerf for Quatro de Abril, tomorrow, Saturday April 4th since tonight I'm being compelled to participate in family movie night and watch a movie that I'm not interested in: Midsommar.

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    I propose a Martini vHerf for Quatro de Abril, tomorrow, Saturday April 4th since tonight I'm being compelled to participate in family movie night and watch a movie that I'm not interested in: Midsommar.

I just watched the trailer. That looks interesting. Is it on netficks or amazone or huboo?

Midsommar is included with Amazon Prime.

@Yakster said:

If it’s on I will be there