Home General Discussion
Options

Mold or Plume on these?

Hoping someone can help me determine if I've got mold or plume on these. https://photos.app.goo.gl/HfY6qzcoxvNu2E9R2

I've looked at dozens and dozens of posts and articles and photos about this topic and still can't tell. Mine have a very subtle white/hazy/powdery dusting on them, but if I look really closely, I can see that the white stuff sticks up slightly, like tiny little hairs. Not sure if those are tiny little mold stems or if it's just the crystalline oils sticking up. Thanks in advance for any help!

Answers

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting.  Most likely mold, but I'd probably, no...certainly simply wipe it off and smoke one.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plume will be even, not splotchy like that.
    If looking at it closely, you see anything sticking up, like hair, it is mold. 
    Shine a light on it, if it sparkles, it's ploom. No sparkle, mold.

The splotches on the uncut end of the cigar indicate mold.
    Wipe it off, it will still smoke well, as long as the mold hasn't gotten into the foot.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was under the impression that if you have to ask then it’s mold
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The white squares are not straight. FAKE
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hate to burst y'alls bubble.....but there is NO SUCH THING AS PLUME. 

It's all either mold or bacteria. 

Read through this thread:  http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/topic/131757-foh-mould-study/

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv said:
    Hate to burst y'alls bubble.....but there is NO SUCH THING AS PLUME. 

It's all either mold or bacteria. 

Read through this thread:  http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/topic/131757-foh-mould-study/

That was an interesting read, thanks Gibby
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buzzkill!

;)
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Mold. But on the bright side I nominate @zbaker4 for the 2018 "Daniel Reyes Newcomer Award for Excellence in Presentation of Plume and/or Mold". 
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's some pretty high accolades, Bob.  Can the newcomer live up to it, and survive under the newfound fame?
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis