Home Non Cigar Related
Options

What's everyone up to this long weekend?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Significant3Significant3 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fixing a pool pump motor 
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A traditional day for me to plant tomatoes. It's a heavy day for me but working in the garden is, well, grounding.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I posted my plans on the wrong thread, Memorial Day thread.  Smoking ribs today.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Started work at 4am finished up & hit the gym. No spending time with the family and stopping by the cemetery this evening to visit the veterans in my family that are gone.

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Brought out my small sound bar from the den to the back yard to stream bluegrass while smoking cigars, pork ribs, and drinking coffee.

It's 87 now, expected to hit 92 F here, I thought it was going to be cooler.  I may have to change into shorts, @Patrickbrick's fashion sensibilities be damned.
  • Options
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    just rebooted my router

The FBI is advising all home owners and small business owners to reboot their routers/firewalls. We've been staying on-top of breaking news about this latest attack on routers. It seems the attacks have been carried out on an number of consumer grade routers that you purchase at a big box store. If you have any question please contact us.

https://www.ic3.gov/media/2018/180525.aspx

The FBI has seized control of a key domain used to control routers, according to the Daily Beast. Rebooting an infected router will redirect it to the domain that now is run by the U.S. government.

The domain seizure will help investigators identify infected devices and begin the process of removing infections. 

• Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dirtdude said:
    Oh don't get @Patrickbrick started on rock climbing...maybe you should, might have some good tips 
    Mrs. Puff and Puff Jr. were climbing this weekend at the Red River Gorge in Kentucky. 
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    Brought out my small sound bar from the den to the back yard to stream bluegrass while smoking cigars, pork ribs, and drinking coffee.

It's 87 now, expected to hit 92 F here, I thought it was going to be cooler.  I may have to change into shorts, @Patrickbrick's fashion sensibilities be damned.
    Hey @yakster, who are your fav bluegrass bands?
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    That's a long list, I usually listen to KRVS Bluegrass Highway podcast which has a great selection of music.

Some great bluegrass artists I like are:

Bluegrass Cardinals
    Nashville Bluegrass Band
    Peter Rowan
    Seldom Scene
    Hot Rize with Red Knuckles
    Punch Brothers
    Nickle Creek
    Ralph Stanley
    Alison Krause
    Laurie Lewis
    etc.
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Working overtime.  :/
    No, that is not the name of a bluegrass band. 
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    Brought that new to me bike home. Registered it this morning. Helluva fine ride. 60mpg. Lotsa tech. Now I just have to farkle the thing, and ready to ride cross country.
    How was the ride up?
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do miss climbing, can't wait until Juliette is old enough to get started.  Pants are a must in ALL places and situations.  I got a lot done around the house and made a ton of food.  Had many good beers and cigars, it was a nice day off.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.