Home Non Cigar Related

I don't speak Japanese...

GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭
But, is my Subaru telling me it's plugs were dry and needed to be oiled?  Not sure why the tree huggers love them so much, doesn't seem a very eco-friendly design. None of my American cars ever self lubed their plugs like this.    :D

Comments

• NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But they don’t last nearly as long... My current Subaru has 209k and have done no major repairs.Valve cover seals are leaking on yours not a terrible repair to perform GT.

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You shoulda seen the PCV and EGR ... whoa.. this little Forester was bucking like a bronco off the line at a light. 5spd manual is fun to drive, like a lil go cart!  Riding fine now but those damn covers are next..
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta say it, I love my Subaru.  I know a guy who's put over 300,000 miles on 3 of them now.  Of course, I wasn't loving it when it was cracking it's own windshield every few thousand miles, but that seems to be resolved now, so I'm back to loving it.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    I must be a glutton for punishment because we just bought an 2008 Tribeca Limited 3.6L....
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh no...
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have 2 Foresters at the moment but are getting the new Ascent next year.

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

@NorCalR1 My wife has been checking out that Ascent and really wants one!  Pretty sweet looking ride. Hmmm.... We've got one kid getting ready to start private catholic school $$$ so, maybe we'll send the youngest to public in a couple years when he's ready and get the car.  B)