Home General Discussion
Options

A cure for CAS but not recommended

TheBeardedOne864TheBeardedOne864 Posts: 180 ✭✭✭✭
so I found a cure for CAS but I wound not recommend it for  anyone .  I went to a estate sell this weekend and I’m now the proud owner of the below.  So the cure for CAS is TPAS (truck part Acuation syndrome).  Lol

Comments

• Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That a '66 C-10? I helped a guy restore one a' doze a few years ago. Sweet ride.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a 65 for a few years. I remember the pull out choke and the tranny was as big as the engine. Sweet little truck.
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
     it will go on a 2005 Silverado 4x4 chassis with an LS7 or LQ9 6.0 engine.

I agree, but keep it 2wd, slightly lower, same steel wheels and leave the paint as is.
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ForMud said:
    0patience said:
     it will go on a 2005 Silverado 4x4 chassis with an LS7 or LQ9 6.0 engine.

I agree, but keep it 2wd, slightly lower, same steel wheels and leave the paint as is.
    LQ9 bored & stroked to forged 408, add a massive turbo (smaller twins preferred should have room) Keep it 4wd, would pull like a mother fvcker! LOL  
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    My SS has the LQ9 with the GM factory performance package. 
    She's a getting SOB. AWD pulling off the line is an experience, but still gets about 15 mpg. Not great, but not terrible for that amount of power.
    As for the 4x4, I'm not a fan of 2wd and low.

I'm really jealous of @TheBeardedOne864 , even though his looks to be a 63. 
    Wonder how many times he'll be cussing when he gets in the truck. LOL!

My old beasty.

The one I've had forever.

The most current one.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    I just figured 2wd for less weight = quicker truck and less cost = more money to up grade motor which = quicker truck. Also will have a better ride to it.
    Now if not interested in going fast, then LS ( 6.0 or 5.3 ) or leave what ever is in it now. Throw a Dana 44 under the front and a 14 bolt out back and a np205 tranfser case  and call it good.
  • Options
    The 64 4x4 suspension, quite frankly, sucks.
    The 2003+ silverado 4x4 suspension is a whole lot better. 
    The LQ9 can be a torque pulling motor, so it's a good fit. 
    Plus, not to hard to find a 2005 with one in it.

In my earlier days, I'd have gone with the Dana and a built small block and made it a tank. But I'm at a point where ride is as important, so the newer chassis is a better fit for me. 

My SS is AWD and she's as fast as most Camaros. The one advantage she has is, off the line she likes to hook up straight away, with all 4 tires digging in.

Picked up a 2003 Silverado 2500 HD for $2500 at the beginning of summer. 
    Not really the truck I want, but the price was right. Put a grand into it and sold it for $4900. Had it been the one I wanted, I'd have pulled the body and seriously started looking for a 65 body to put on it.

I'm a bit finicky. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    My SS is AWD and she's as fast as most Camaros. The one advantage she has is, off the line she likes to hook up straight away, with all 4 tires digging in.
    A lot of people have no clue how fast an AWD performance vehicle can be. Nailed it as quoted above. Now for the explanation. Take 600rwhp, now that vechicle has 300rwhp per tire to try to hook. Now take 600whp on an AWD and that’s 150whp per tire to easily hook...Gonna hook and take off like a rocket ship. Spinnin ain’t winning!
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    Remember the GMC  AWD Typhoons back in the early 90s? 

• Options
    ForMud said:

93 GMC Jimmy Typhoon
    4.3 Turbo. Had problems eating u-joints and the 4L69 trans didn't hold up too well.
    But fast as hell. Fun to drive too.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    I remember having to pull the front tire to change the spark plugs on the bosses sons one......But the test driving was fun.
  • Options
    TheBeardedOne864TheBeardedOne864 Posts: 180 ✭✭✭✭
    @0patience is correct it’s a 63.  And fingers crossed she will Be on the road by the weekend. Hardest part has been trying to decide wheels and tires I want to go with
  • Options
    0patience said:
    ForMud said:

93 GMC Jimmy Typhoon
    4.3 Turbo. Had problems eating u-joints and the 4L69 trans didn't hold up too well.
    But fast as hell. Fun to drive too.
    Should be 4L60 trans. Hard to see the letters and numbers on a phone for an FOG.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said: