Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Aretha Franklin RIP

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
I think I have every record she ever made. I remember poise and grace and the interjection of some off the wall real humor every once in awhile. What a legacy she has left us. I would post one of her songs but I don't know where to start.

Comments

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aretha started singing gospel at age 10. She grew up in the church and during the Civil Rights movement. I remember that her songs allowed me to get my hot sweaty hands on 16 year old girls during high school dances. Her voice, intellect and song writing was magic. Hearing it you just had to move.
     Thank you Aretha and farewell.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    :'(
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    firehouseguyfirehouseguy Posts: 996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aretha started singing gospel at age 10. She grew up in the church and during the Civil Rights movement. I remember that her songs allowed me to get my hot sweaty hands on 16 year old girls during high school dances. Her voice, intellect and song writing was magic. Hearing it you just had to move.
     Thank you Aretha and farewell.
    You are taking about when you were in high school right?
    Cigars were made to be smoked, whiskey was made to be drank and women were made to be loved. The only thing I try to age is myself.