Home Cigar 101
Options

Worried about my sticks

Hey guys I'm pretty new to the cigar world. Been enjoying them for about 3 months now. I recently bought a 10 pack sampler from this site. I put them plus my 3 already on hand in a man o war cigar box. I just had the sticks in there. Now I'm worried about them drying out. They was stored in a cool place out of the sun. For about a week. The last 2 I cut has came unrivaled. Is this a sign of drying out? How can I fix this issue? Please help? 

Comments

• Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    are you storing them in a dry box? If so it could pull some of the moisture from them.  I store mine in a plastic box with 65% Boveda packs.  

I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look up humidity.
    Look up Boveda.
    Look up humidor. 
    Look up seasoning a humidor.
    Look up hydrometer.
  • Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And in the meanwhile put them bad boys into a clean Tupperware container with some sort of humidification device. Give them a few weeks...they'll rejuvenate.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    Look up humidity.
    Look up Boveda.
    Look up humidor. 
    Look up seasoning a humidor.
    Look up hydrometer.
    And as long as you’re at it, look up hygrometer.....   :p
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also as for them unraveling. How much did you cut off? Never cut past the shoulders. Rule of thumb is only cut off what you absolutely have to. I usually just barely cut off enough to get just a touch of the cap. 
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cut past the shoulder then there’s nothing to hold it together. A very common beginner mistake.