Home Non Cigar Related

AT&T Ripoff?

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
So what use to be DTV is now AT&T. The absolute worst customer service on the planet.
My bill is due.
Go online to pay. "Not eligible for online payment?
Go through the idiots and robots and get a body. There will be a $5.00 charge for the phone payment.
Why can't I pay online?
System maintenance and a lot of people can't pay online.
Wait, I am being charged an extra $5 dollars because of maintenance?
She waved the $5 fee.

Comments

• twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah . sucks you have to go thru all that. Glad you got the fee waived. Wonder how many people get beat on that 
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Yup!
    Which is why I no longer have Directv. I went with Slingo and save a bundle.
    I have most the channels and the ones I don't have, I have one called Philo that has the rest of the channels I want. 
    Between the 2, there is only one channel (GAC) that I don't have, that I had with Direct's premium package and I save $80/month.

The only drawback is when the internet is out, I have no TV and you need Fire TV or Roku.

The other nice thing is I can cancel them and start them back up at any time. No contract or anything.
    I expected a lag, but only once in a while, do I wait more than 5 seconds for the channel to load up.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My bill is set on auto pay
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:

The only drawback is when the internet is out, I have no TV and you need Fire TV or Roku.

So Fire TV and Roku have some recording options? Looking at dropping the Dish next month and need to get my ducks in a row.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dirtdude said:
    0patience said:

So Fire TV and Roku have some recording options? Looking at dropping the Dish next month and need to get my ducks in a row.
    Hmm, I don't believe so. I think he's listing two drawbacks there but I could be wrong. @jd50ae Can you clarify?
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No recording that I know of, just streaming.  You can probably stream to your fire from your phone, I think.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    edited October 2018
    dirtdude said:
    0patience said:

Sling can record to a cloud DVR and is $5 extra per month, but I haven't figured that out yet.
    But it has On-demand shows, which is mostly what we watch.
    Between Prime, Netflix, Sling and Philo, almost all the shows we want to watch are On-demand available.

Check out Sling and Philo. They both have free trials.
    The package we have from Sling is $55, cause we have a kid's and Heartland package.
    The package we have from Philo is $20 and has most the channels, like Animal Planet, Discovery and stuff, that Sling doesn't have.

Also check out PlutoTV and Tubi. They are free and have a fair selection of shows.
    PllutoTV has  WipeOut channel. It's is only shows of the Wipeout game show.Funny as hell.
    We have FireTV, because we have Amazon Prime. 

Also, Netflix and Prime, you can download some shows, for watching off-line.
    So you might check that out.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can download shows to your mobile devices (phones and tablets) but IFAIK not your computer or streaming device (Roku, Fire stuck, etc.)
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    edited October 2018
    Yakster said:
    You can download shows to your mobile devices (phones and tablets) but IFAIK not your computer or streaming device (Roku, Fire stuck, etc.)
    You're right.
    I forgot to clarify.
    We download to our tablet and then Cast to the TV or Fire stick.
    YouMap  or any Mirorcast app should let you do that.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said: