Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Cigars for Warriors contest

CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
It's that time of year again. In cooperation with Eastgate Paradise Pavillion in Cincinnati OH (Jungle Jim's) and @Glock1975, we will be having a drive for cigars to be donated to Cigars For Warriors. In the past, they've received a ridiculous amount of cigars from the generous members of this forum to be donated to troops all over the globe. Let's do this again. There will be a drawing open to all who donate for a nice prize package put together by a couple members here. The cutoff for this will be November 9th. I'll PM the address to those that sign up. Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2018
    I saw a guy on reddit post a thank you to CFW for the cigars he got and their director of operations posted a pic of the next round going out. This is a worthy cause. 
  • Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will definitely donate again this year to such a great cause. Just need the address to send them 

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pm sent.  A friend of mine told me (in regards to cigars for warriors) that it does no matter what you send or how much you send, it's the thought that matters.  From a solders point of view what I understand, is that many of these folks don't smoke, but they will to take their minds off of what is going on around them.  That being said let's hook up our solders and our protectors!
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    in

• Options
    TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...Count Me In.
  • Options
    Pm sent.  A friend of mine told me (in regards to cigars for warriors) that it does no matter what you send or how much you send, it's the thought that matters.  From a solders point of view what I understand, is that many of these folks don't smoke, but they will to take their minds off of what is going on around them.  That being said let's hook up our solders and our protectors!
    Yes, this is all about camaraderie on their down time. No need to send Padrons or OpusX as anything you send will be appreciated.
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put me in coach 
  • Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In
  • Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In!
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In. 
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In with some of my lotto bounty. 
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    im definitely in!!

no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Fellas for taking care of all this.
  • Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the way via UPS ground so no tracking number. Mine is the one with the cheap cutter thrown in the bag. 
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m down 
  • Options
    I’m down 
    I know you've got Jeremy's address.
  • Options

@Grawls is in via PM. Just wanted to post here so I didn't miss him for the drawing.
  • Options
    So I asked the CFW Director of Operations if cutters and boveda packets were needed and he said yes. I don't know about you guys but I've probably got 100 of the small packets that come with online purchases. I thought about throwing a bunch of them out a while back and I'm glad I didn't.
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    on their way
  • Options
    skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In without a doubt!  And if I win a prize pack, Just include it in the shipment to our heroes. 

I’ll ship over the weekend. 

Thanks for organizing this again!
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • Options
    84CJ784CJ7 Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭
    In
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Went out this morning 
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m trying to collect donations from my riding group here in Colorado. So it will be 1-2 weeks before I send but hoping to have more by waiting for donations from my vet riding buddies. 
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shipped this AM