Home Non Cigar Related
Options

My last week and a half and my not so common back surgery.

RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
At first my spinal fusion went well. For about a day and half. Then a massive hematoma set against my spinal cord. Back to emergency surgery. Paralyzed from the hips down, i was actually fearful. A week has passed and i have come from a power chair to a walking staff and finally today walked without any aid. Not even a cane. Life is good. God is good.

Comments

• Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take care of yourself and continue on the path to good health.  You will be in our prayers.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thinking good things ole boy.
  • Options
    Bat-mastersonBat-masterson Posts: 62 ✭✭✭
    2 level lumbar fusion in 1999 using bak implants, 3 months of therapy. Never once since then have I had any back pain.  Best advice the doc gave me after 3 months, lift heavy and work the **** out of your lower back.  The heavier you lift the stronger the fusion will be.. he was 100% correct.
    Had a MRI done last year because of pain in my right butt, fusion looked great ended up being a high hamstring tear.
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Every day i seem to improve three days worth of time.
    I don't believe in sitting still and i atrribute this to my speedy recovery.
    My neurologist advised me to lay flat for three weeks.
    I reckon I'd be dead by now from boredom.
    I put my health in God's hands and accomplish what i can each day. Thanks for the word's of accomplishments.