Home General Discussion

bringing back the dead

have any of you guys been able to bring back a badly dried cigar. How succesfully and what did you do just lay in a  humidifier? or are there  words to speak ? 
clato verata necto
'I think,' said Christopher Robin, 'that we ought to eat all our Provisions now, so that we shan't have so much to carry.'

Best Answers

Answers

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never tried myself but have read old thread about bringing it back slowly.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would only make the attempt on a unicorn cigar and only if it were severely discounted. Cause if I paid full price for it, they'd be getting it back.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • GlassjoeGlassjoe Posts: 25
    Thats what I thought. Thanks for the advice.
    'I think,' said Christopher Robin, 'that we ought to eat all our Provisions now, so that we shan't have so much to carry.'
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read that same article. Don’t think I agree with it. That would be a lot of humidity too quickly I think. Also it depends on how long the cigar has been dried out. After a month I’d say toss it. You can bring any cigar back to the right humidity but once the oils are gone it’s just a rolled up pile of leaves. 
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a cigar, rolled up pile of leaves, think I'll have one.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dirtdude said:

I did that once as a PFC way, way back, deep in the woods of Georgia when we were on our final training operation and myself and my buddy were in an observation position, dug in for two days. Long story short, I had done like a few others and kept some Skoal around, sneakily mind you, just in case we might ever be suspected of having it and then be in deep trouble. Well, I lost mine somewhere along the way, and out of mad desperation decided to roll up some leaves and torch it.

It was, among a few things in my life, a massive mistake and one I shall never forget. You know how some people might repeat something they've heard as though it's factual when there may have been "somebody" at some point who actually did the deed in order to create the fact in question possible? Well, I was that "somebody" who actually tried to smoke tree leaves.

And yes, unlike Mr. Clinton, I inhaled. The burning...oh, the burning pain!
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BKDog said:
    dirtdude said:

I did that once as a PFC way, way back, deep in the woods of Georgia when we were on our final training operation and myself and my buddy were in an observation position, dug in for two days. Long story short, I had done like a few others and kept some Skoal around, sneakily mind you, just in case we might ever be suspected of having it and then be in deep trouble. Well, I lost mine somewhere along the way, and out of mad desperation decided to roll up some leaves and torch it.

It was, among a few things in my life, a massive mistake and one I shall never forget. You know how some people might repeat something they've heard as though it's factual when there may have been "somebody" at some point who actually did the deed in order to create the fact in question possible? Well, I was that "somebody" who actually tried to smoke tree leaves.

And yes, unlike Mr. Clinton, I inhaled. The burning...oh, the burning pain!
    ANNND there was a witness! Your buddy must have been laughing his arse off at you  :D   
    The things we men do when young and bulletproof.. :#