Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Have you made out a will?

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
Most of it is easy, it will go to your spouse unless you state otherwise.
I made a couple of changes to mine that is sure to upset "the kids".
My grandchildren are all mentioned and have already been told to expect certain items. Like the fishing gear and my blade collection. My granddaughter will get a big part of my gem collection. My wifes "children" will get nothing. Mean spirited, thieves, drug sellers and abusers and they couldn't tell the truth if their lives depended on it.

Now let's get down to the serious stuff. Cigars.
Who gets em?
I have a note in one of my big boxes of cigar related stuff. Phone number and address of the person that it all goes to. Hope I again have a goodly amount of cigars when the time comes. It is a member of this forum who 1st befriended me when I joined. He doesn't like or vote up my posts enough but that is OK.

Back to the point. Have you given any thought to what will happen to your cigars and related paraphernalia?
A lot of you have some serious money tied up in the stuff and it be a shame to have it consigned to a dry and dusty closet just to be forgotten and not enjoyed.

Comments

• Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine all goes to @Usaf06.  In all seriousness it is not something I have really thought about too much.  I should really lay out a plan for it though.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I plan on outliving my children to be as big a pain in the arse to them, as they have been to me.

I have not really given it much thought, although a will is something I do need to do. 

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Dad keeps saying " I am going to leave it to the kids just like my Mom did"
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet my wife will just shove my lifeless body in one of the coolers with them and bury it all in the back yard.

In all seriousness, I think I'll just write a note and put it the cooler with instructions to post up on here and give everything away to you guys. 
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I can't take them with me, I'm not going!
  • Options
    HawkeyeHawkeye Posts: 246 ✭✭✭✭
    I've got a living will, but only for my investments and money accounts (mainly so people will know where they are and not miss anything).  Didn't even think to put my smaller items in there, may be time to revisit.
    Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And think about having a living will. 

Right now, my wife's mom is in a home, while my wife's brother and sister got control of the estate and are decimating it. Monday, my wife has to go to my attorney to see how they are getting away with all of it. 
    At my cost, of course.
    Her other sister had power of attorney and had it stripped away and none of us can figure out how that happened.

If her mom had a living will, it probably would have stopped a lot of the problems.

It's amazing how people turn into selfish, disgusting vultures when someone is dying.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No I haven’t. And I keep saying I’m going to. But I never seem to think of it.