Home Cigar 101

This one is wrong the one above is good

SpecsHumidorGuySpecsHumidorGuy Posts: 3
edited January 2019 in Cigar 101
Hi folks I'm completely new here I don't know if there's anybody out in this forum that actually runs a large walk-in humidor at all I'm having a very large problem so right now I cannot get my large walk-in humidor to get anywhere above 40% humidity and now I am in Texas it does rain a lot and it gets cold it gets hot things fluctuate. I had to go out for surgery for about two months and when I got back for some reason I cannot get the humidity above 40% and I was working in there for a longer than a year about a year maybe a couple months and only had that problem a couple of times and then completely fixed it just figured out how to do it this time I am stumped so it is a 20 foot in length by 8 ft and width I've got several rows of cigars which I'll post somewhere here if I can pictures the problem is is that the only Spanish Cedar that is tiled in the entire humidor is literally on the roof. I'm sure the metal frame and glass surroundings are pulling away from a large concrete wall that is naked along the left and rear walls. Not sure what to do. I got put into this job because of an injury and I'm still learning this one got me stumped... anyone have any ideas on how I can but I don't know do something out of the ordinary crazy to maybe increase the humidity?

Comments

  • Rdp77Rdp77 Deep in the mountains Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Bump

  • silvermousesilvermouse Cape CodPosts: 12,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

    A sealant sold for waterproofing cement basement walls ?

  • VisionVision Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

    6000 packs of Boveda

  • 0patience0patience Oregon CoastPosts: 10,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 25

    The concrete is sucking all the moisture.
    As @silvermouse said, it needs to be sealed.
    Painting it won't seal it.
    Is the walk in closed off? If not, then nothing you can do.
    If it is, you might have to got another humidifier.

    You posted about this over a year ago and still trying to solve it?
    And I have pretty much the same answer back then.

    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

    Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Aging at the factoryPosts: 10,949 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Replying to turn off the new indicator

    I'm childish
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Lake Zurich IlPosts: 6,674 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Who puts price tags on on their ****?

    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • VisionVision Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Patrickbrick said:
    Who puts price tags on on their ****?

    I think he was put in charge of a walk in at a store.

  • ShawnOLShawnOL The People's Communist Republic of MassachusettsPosts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Resetting the counter

  • d_bladesd_blades near Table RockPosts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭

    .

    Turning money into smoke...about five bucks at a time.
    My truck and I both smoke Diesel.
    Master of Yard Gars

    Democracy is 51% of the people taking away the rights of the other 49%.
    There is no justification for taking away individuals' freedom in the guise of public safety.
    Thomas Jefferson

  • JrflicksterJrflickster Rhinelander, WIPosts: 1,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

    .

  • YaksterYakster herf wardenPosts: 17,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

    .... . .-.. .--. --..-- / .. .----. -- / -... . .. -. --. / .... . .-.. -.. / .--. .-. .. ... --- -. . .-. / .. -. / .- / ..-. --- .-. - ..- -. . / -.-. --- --- -.- .. . / ..-. .- -.-. - --- .-. -.-- .-.-.-

    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

                  Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Milwaukee, WIPosts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭✭


    ^right

    ^wrong

    I generally smoke left-handed but my ashtray is on the right (between the two chairs) and I wanted a place to put the cigar down to the left and there's no place to keep a cigar rest. Voila!

    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
Sign In or Register to comment.